Sponsored

Cars booked on the Tamesis departing 18th October

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
Oh really? That sucks man. I thought I am the last one after Ford's fuckup.

What does Prixcar say? Have you contacted the dealership?

Sponsored

RJ 27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2013, ml250 blue tec
Just finished installing the US style lower grill, and fitting the TRI BAR DRL they are the sequential type with the updated drivers from Diode Dynamics, finishes the car off the way we should have got it from the factory.

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couldn't agree more. Any tips on installing the lower grille? It's on my to-do list for this weekend

RJ 27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2013, ml250 blue tec
First decide if you are going to do any other mods while you have your front facia off the car headlight DRL etc. ( once is enough) Definitely remove both front wheels with front end on stands take your time unscrewing and un clipping remember your working on a very prominent painted part of your car ( no scratches ) once the facia is off removing the lower grill can be tricky start at one end then work your way along each clip carefully it will take a while but you will get it off, then simply fit in the US style grill take your time and recheck that all plastic tabs are located in their proper positions once again don't rush it ,one last thing there is plenty of videos showing the procedure watch them and you will get the idea, good luck.

Sponsored

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All done! Thanks @RJ 27 ! Read your comment too late - tip for anyone else who is about to do the same: definitely take off your front wheels. The 2 screws on the side are a bitch. It took me 2 hours to complete this thing. I also replaced the pony emblem in 1 go. Car looks a lot more sexier with the lower grille, it should come stock from the factory, don't see why they do it differently for our models - it's a molded plastic, I see no difference in making one or another.... Anyway, here is a pic.

Edit: P.S. I thought I'd fix the bonnet pinch by adjusting the hood latch, but it was already at the highest point, sucker...

kGgpbLhuAXV-we4_gys0jzgMMQFvu8s_WmI6UeXuF22zsXdZoe8GMsqD6fR-7HoEaFDzno-1hmQOPL3CPQ=w1684-h947-no.jpg

RJ 27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2013, ml250 blue tec
Ange if you have the time there is no hurry if it takes you a couple of hours or a few days, don't attack it that's when things go pear shaped and parts get damaged . Its not for everyone to start pulling apart their long awaited beauty but for me it had to be done same with the TRI BAR- DRL

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Just finished installing the US style lower grill, and fitting the TRI BAR DRL they are the sequential type with the updated drivers from Diode Dynamics, finishes the car off the way we should have got it from the factory.
Did you split the headlights open or do the cutting a hole method?

RJ 27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2013, ml250 blue tec
Cut the rectangle its the only way to go, no stuffing around with front lens removal , one important tip. once you mark out your cut area, use a fine bladed small utility knife needs to be very sharp but you will remove the cutout section without any swarf which would enter thruout your headlight and are a pain in the arse to get it all out again
Sponsored