Best/Worst comments from family, friends, enemies about your car

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Another gas station story. Was pumping gas last week out of town and the guy next to me pumping gas is staring...he is looking real hard trying to figure it out. Finally he says nice car, but I can tell he doesn't know what he is looking at, so I ask do you know what it is and he looks some more and shakes his head and says no. As this was playing out a woman in a Jeep pulling out stops and says wow nice car and asks what is it? I say new Mustang GT.. they both looked dumfounded. I love My OW GT with blackout stealth badges, it's undercover and an exotic to many who don't know.
Sponsored

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
To me. You follow the money.

American cars, the money for the company stays in the us. Japaneese cars, even ones made in Nashville TN, the money goes to the japanese bottom line.

False, these calculations of which car is the "most American" take into all factors including "where the money goes". Of course you may know that when you buy a Honda in America you actually buy it from a company called "Honda motor company of America".

To boot, all these companies are owned by stock holders. The money goes to "stock holders", Stocks are bought and purchased around the world.

The *majority* of revenue a company lays out is specifically related to payroll (can be 50%+). If Honda and Toyota are making them in the USA, that means 50% of the revenue of the company is going to those people.

My Mustang says that 60% of its production is American. If I recall right the engine in china and the tranny is Mexico. think of all that payroll bleeding out to different country that bring down its "America" percentage (if payroll is 50% of revenue).

So seriously think about that comment. That would be like calling an IPHONE "American" because Apple makes them and you consider it an American company even though the whole thing is 100% built in china. They try to fool dumb people by saying "it was designed in America" so its 'Murican.

Economics 101 session over.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I was visiting a friend today on military installation. Guard at the gate inspected my id, looked at my car and said " have a nice flight" :lol:

Pong Lenis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt auto custom packet
many said to me oh your camaro was nicer..
i said not everything we buy is just for looks.
ofc most haters cant even afford a skateboard let alone a dream car so i just ignore them

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My wife saw a guy eyeballing my car at the grocery store today. He said to his wife 'that's beautiful' as they walked by.

One of my friends, who drives a GMC Acadia, constantly puts the car down saying it's 'half a mustang' and only a 'weakoboost'.

Sponsored

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
From the wife after a close encounter with an older GT..."I like yours better cause it doesn't make any noise."
My gf kinda said the same thing. Was at the gas station at costco when a 14 gt500 revved a few times in line and she said "ok thats just annoyingly loud...is there a reason for that?" Then the guy stepped out and she said "no wonder this scrawny ugly kid needs a loud car".
It was hilarious because she automatically ripped him from the start.......yet i enjoyed the sound of the car haha.

She does the same thing with guys in lifted trucks, beemers, and harleys. it does make me laugh but she does take it a bit too far sometimes.

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
After the procharger install, I had a couple of friends tell me how sweet it sounds and to not let my wife drive it anymore lol.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
My wife saw a guy eyeballing my car at the grocery store today. He said to his wife 'that's beautiful' as they walked by.

One of my friends, who drives a GMC Acadia, constantly puts the car down saying it's 'half a mustang' and only a 'weakoboost'.
And he's still your friend!! :D:cheers:

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Holy shit! We're sideways! That's awesome!" - My dad, who drives his pickup like an old lady

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
many said to me oh your camaro was nicer..
i said not everything we buy is just for looks.
ofc most haters cant even afford a skateboard let alone a dream car so i just ignore them
"Oh your Camaro was nicer." Uh huh. :lol::lol::lol: 100% no one ever said that to you. Lmao, dude, you are so full of shit--from your name to your avatar to the stuff that you post.

Sponsored

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
Can I drive your car? my answer, "can I ride your wife?" :D:headbang:

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only negative comments I see about the S550 are on the internet. Literally *no one* has said anything negative about this car to me in person. No stupid jokes, no memes or stereotypes, not even the typical "I'm not really a Ford/Chevy/Dodge guy." It seems most people love this gen. People at work ask if they can test drive it, I get friendly revs, thumbs up, waves, nods and other stuff while out driving, have had people in older Mustangs follow me to Starbucks just to ask about the exhaust and tell me it sounds great, and my favorite is when random pedestrians twirl their hand around begging me to gun it as I pass by.

If people don't like this car they aren't telling me. I'm sure they are out there somewhere but most trolls are too scared to harass you in real life.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
My neighbor told me, your buddy in the GT 500 has a loud car. Next day I deleted the suitcase resonator and I had a loud car, oops. In sport mode my mechanic noticed it has rev matching? I said yes and a backup camera! I told him I've never driven this much horsepower and gunned it, he had a funny look on his face.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
This weekend was the weekend my car shined. Had a ton of attention because I drove it the most I have since I turned it into a garage queen. My truck's multifunction switch decided to freak out so I didn't have any blinkers. Gave me an excuse to drive the car to work a couple days and then all weekend. Took it to my cousin's wedding too.

Thursday pulled up to work and everyone said "The golden child has been free'd. Did you lower it? Man it looks badass"

Friday "Whoa you're driving it a second day? When are you doing headers and a cam tune? I want to hear it. It sounds so good now I can't wait for it to be more aggressive/sick"

Saturday we were at a christmas party. My Ford Master Tech buddy came out and said "Dude, I love your car. It looks so sick slammed now." He's now going to align the car for free if I help him claybar/wax his new tacoma.

Sunday we were at a wedding. The photographer is a friend of mine. "Oh my gosh this car is so sexy" Then I had a guy in a tahoe try to race me for like 10 miles. Then he threw me the thumbs up. Then we get to the grocery store and this guy goes "Excuse me sir, is that yours? That thing is absolutely gorgeous" He proceeded to tell me about his 93 Teal Cobra for the next 15 minutes while my girlfriend shopped.

It was a busy weekend of compliments and car talk.
Sponsored