2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
Don't feel bad, I got one while cruising. (Bent the rim)
oh thats nasty i feel ur pain, did you hit a rock?

you know what that means!

new wheels aye!!!

yea i got a thick nail stuck on the tire last time i drove it i guess , got it patched up but it was already after 10 when it was done to late to go and it was pouring at the time

how was the weather there?

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Awesome, you made it home safely Liz! :clap2:
Thanks to you, [MENTION=17867]Glacierbrew907[/MENTION], [MENTION=18322]racecarmike[/MENTION], [MENTION=22273]Brometheus[/MENTION]. Thanks again :cheers:

OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
oh thats nasty i feel ur pain, did you hit a rock?

you know what that means!

new wheels aye!!!

yea i got a thick nail stuck on the tire last time i drove it i guess , got it patched up but it was already after 10 when it was done to late to go and it was pouring at the time

how was the weather there?
Yup, hit a decent sized rock.
Oddly, weather was nice until my rim broke. Then it hailed, rained and even snowed a little. Shortly after I was back on the road, it was nice again :shrug:

Sponsored

OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Liz did you hit a leprechaun or something up there? You ok the car fine? You need something.
I need a TSW Sochi in gunmetal and mirror cut face for a 275/35 20 tire. (20x10 I think).

Can you hook me up fast? Need it installed by Thanksgiving. PM me please. Better yet, text me, you have my number

MattW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT w/ PP
It's a little short notice but I hope we can get one in before the holidays arrive!
Thanks, Dennis, for setting this up!
It was a great run. Great idea, klumpkat.

I've had my car 1 month and that was a great opportunity to wring it out. I was a bit concerned about the P-Zeros but they hung in there. The brakes were good and the pickup was great, and the handing through the turns was nice.

I did run over a huge rock pulling onto the road. I will have to check this morning.

Thanks to all for a super day! We had 50+ Mustangs.

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang LE, Kona Blue #146, Manual
Angeles Crest Curse

I think this run is cursed.

I shredded my serpentine belt yesterday on the cruise. Not sure if it was a rock that got up in there (Didn't have my belly pan on) or just high RPM's. I updated my Whipple tune the day before and bumped the rev limiter up since I did the OPG, Crank Sprocket and ATI damper. I felt the belt go at about 7,500 RPM's as I shifted gears. At first I thought I missed a gear and went from 3rd to 6th because power was waaay down.

Long story short, went back into town to get a new belt from Oreilly's using the part number off the old belt. Hour later and back at the car..... They gave me the wrong belt (too small) :frusty:. Called tow, waited hour and half they never showed. Called back they said visibility was to bad and roads were slick no companies wanted to come up. My brother in-law ended up driving out from San Diego and picked up a spare belt from @SC_Ruby :headbang: and I finally got it installed and headed down the mountain. With all the rain the roads were a disaster by midnight with rocks everywhere it was like some kind of video game weaving and swerving to avoid rocks, some as big as a foot and a half. Even had one large ball of mud and rocks hit the road about 2 feet in front of me and dirt and mud showered my hood like a mortar round exploding when it hit the pavement.

Finally got home about 2am with no further incidents... ZZzzzzzz.

I did have a great time up until my Belt let go.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Holy crap guys :eyebulge: Sorry to hear about everything that happened. It does look like it was a great turnout though.

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
Of course my Waylens gets delivered the day after the cruise. It would have been nice for yesterday :doh:

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Damn! Glad it's all fixed, though.
My predicament right now is that my rim appears to be discontinued :(
I think this run is cursed.

I shredded my serpentine belt yesterday on the cruise. Not sure if it was a rock that got up in there (Didn't have my belly pan on) or just high RPM's. I updated my Whipple tune the day before and bumped the rev limiter up since I did the OPG, Crank Sprocket and ATI damper. I felt the belt go at about 7,500 RPM's as I shifted gears. At first I thought I missed a gear and went from 3rd to 6th because power was waaay down.

Long story short, went back into town to get a new belt from Oreilly's using the part number off the old belt. Hour later and back at the car..... They gave me the wrong belt (too small) :frusty:. Called tow, waited hour and half they never showed. Called back they said visibility was to bad and roads were slick no companies wanted to come up. My brother in-law ended up driving out from San Diego and picked up a spare belt from @SC_Ruby :headbang: and I finally got it installed and headed down the mountain. With all the rain the roads were a disaster by midnight with rocks everywhere it was like some kind of video game weaving and swerving to avoid rocks, some as big as a foot and a half. Even had one large ball of mud and rocks hit the road about 2 feet in front of me and dirt and mud showered my hood like a mortar round exploding when it hit the pavement.

Finally got home about 2am with no further incidents... ZZzzzzzz.

I did have a great time up until my Belt let go.

Sagacity

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang LE, Kona Blue #146, Manual
I was thinking about after I saw your post and I was driving through the rocky road obstacle course. Winder if N4Speed sells just a single Rim if that were to happen to me. Is the rim repairable?

I know there are companies out there that can fix them. San Diego has some. Might be an alternative if the rim is discontinued.

Damn! Glad it's all fixed, though.
My predicament right now is that my rim appears to be discontinued :(

OP
OP
klumpikat

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I was thinking about after I saw your post and I was driving through the rocky road obstacle course. Winder if N4Speed sells just a single Rim if that were to happen to me. Is the rim repairable?

I know there are companies out there that can fix them. San Diego has some. Might be an alternative if the rim is discontinued.
Paul and I checked around to no avail. As soon as I leave work there's a repair guy downtown San Diego who is staying open for me. I'm going to hustle down there and see what he says :shrug:

I would imagine Paul would sell one rim.

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
just go to mexico they have everything for cheap =D
Sponsored