Sponsored

Someone took my car for a joyride!!!

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Seriously, who do they think they are taking someone else's car without asking the owner?
Sponsored

Silver_Bullet_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rashad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
I wish a family member or a "friend" would do some shit like this...id be at the hospital for 2 busted hands and theyd be getting surgery on their face.

That is so disrespectful

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Relax... you said they were family.
did your car come back in one piece? As long as it wasn't wrecked and nobody was hurt, sounds like you and Mustang survived ok.
They should have asked, but well... some people just get too excited and forget.

If you do not want others to drive your car. Take better care of it.
I invit others to drive mine. It's just another car and is insured. Why not share the joy of Mustang with others?

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
did your car come back in one piece? As long as it wasn't wrecked and nobody was hurt, sounds like you and Mustang survived ok.
They should have asked, but well... some people just get too excited and forget.

I invit others to drive mine. It's just another car and is insured. Why not share the joy of Mustang with others?
The car was in the garage and he was working upstairs. Looks like he was taking care of it.

In case you didn't read it, I'll repost for you.

So I was working on a project upstairs and was called downstairs to find that my car, the mustang, was missing. I was told family was over and they had taken it for a ride....:mad::mad: AND it was raining and wet/cold and my car has pzero summer tires...... I went downstairs and out the garage to hear loud exhaust and turbo blowoffs several blocks over meaning they were pushing the car pretty hard:mad:

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium

What you are saying does not exist in a world of logic. I've never walked up to a family members car, after grabbing the keys and started driving it..only to later be like, Crap! I forgot to ask permission before I STOLE this car.

Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Right.. the car came back in one piece.. no accidents. I see no harm being done here.
Car in the garage.. with keys laying out. Could have been more careful like the others were saying to keep the keys in the pocket?
Only thing that was hurt seemed like OPs feelings.
Relax, it's already done. Won't happen again. Lessons were learned on both sides (OP and the Ninja Driver)

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
What you are saying does not exist in a world of logic. I've never walked up to a family members car, after grabbing the keys and started driving it..only to later be like, Crap! I forgot to ask permission before I STOLE this car.
Seems like you and I have different family dynamics..
I take whatever car that is easiest to get out of the driveway, when there are family visiting and I need to go on an errand. Some days it's father in-law's truck.. sometimes it's a lexus.. sometimes it's a Infiniti. I never need to get their permission, as they never need my permission to take any of my cars.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
You are talking about in-laws and parents.. That is one thing. I am taking it that this may have been something like cousins that aren't exactly like siblings. And even then, I was raised not to take anything that doesn't belong to me without asking.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Right.. the car came back in one piece.. no accidents. I see no harm being done here.
Car in the garage.. with keys laying out. Could have been more careful like the others were saying to keep the keys in the pocket?
Only thing that was hurt seemed like OPs feelings.
Relax, it's already done. Won't happen again. Lessons were learned on both sides (OP and the Ninja Driver)

[MENTION=7117]Hashbrownn[/MENTION], You seriously don't see the blatant disrespect in this situation?

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I wish a family member or a "friend" would do some shit like this...id be at the hospital for 2 busted hands and theyd be getting surgery on their face.

That is so disrespectful
Why do you wish it?
never heard of this before, I suppose if you are a big family and the car is insured, and you all live together, then its different
but for someone to come over, and just take the car for a drive, shows NO respect for the person or the person's car

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Seems like you and I have different family dynamics..
I take whatever car that is easiest to get out of the driveway, when there are family visiting and I need to go on an errand. Some days it's father in-law's truck.. sometimes it's a lexus.. sometimes it's a Infiniti. I never need to get their permission, as they never need my permission to take any of my cars.
Parents probably but uncles and cousins will have to let me know first.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
@Hashbrownn , You seriously don't see the blatant disrespect in this situation?
Of course I see the disrespect, but man.. he said family!
To me.. family is everything.. Mustang doesn't even compare.
My 18 year old nephew in-law loves taking my car out when he is in town. So does his older brother, the 20 year old.
Everybody is quick to re-act. I'm just reminding him, nothing was damaged or harmed. I guess some bridges were burnt... to me, a car is not worth that.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Why not share the joy of Mustang with others?
That's not the problem.

Permission to drive any of my cars is mine to give, not somebody else's to take. How difficult of a concept is that?

On edit, it appears that you have looser guidelines than most for who gets blanket permission, where others clearly prefer that permission be requested first. Which includes both my wife and me even though in practice I think we've always given it once asked. Including use for extended periods of time if circumstances so warranted. But about 30 years ago, my son found out what getting caught without permission meant. That he was a few months short of legal driving age was only part of what got his ass in trouble.

Norm
Sponsored

Last edited: