Ford Unhappy With Mustang GTT Creators, Considers Legal Action

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
It's really a preview of the 2018 Mustang and they are drumming up publicity, and checking the public's reaction to the design. :lol:
Sponsored

Eastpointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Comp OJ 2015 Ecoboost
BTW

does anyone have a ballpark price on one of these?

Im asking.......for reasons

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
A one off like that has to be over 100K easy on top of the car itself, with tons of man hours. If they were planning a kit, that would have to be more in line with the competition, but they are replacing all of the bodywork but the roof so who knows? What would it be made of, urethane, fiberglass, carbon fiber, maybe a combination of all three and some metal thrown in too?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Eastpointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Comp OJ 2015 Ecoboost
A one off like that has to be over 100K easy on top of the car itself, with tons of man hours. If they were planning a kit, that would have to be more in line with the competition, but they are replacing all of the bodywork but the roof so who knows? What would it be made of, urethane, fiberglass, carbon fiber, maybe a combination of all three and some metal thrown in too?
Thats kind of what I figured too. At that price you have to start asking do I want this or a GT350-R, not an easy choice IMO

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Thats kind of what I figured too. At that price you have to start asking do I want this or a GT350-R, not an easy choice IMO
GT350-R. I'm surprised to hear myself say this but it would be a tough choice. Both of those cars are special, but the R is... more special. I'd take either one though.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I would think that if they could get a kit out for say $5K you still have assembly and paint thats going to be another $5K or so. If you could get it all done for $10K, would you do it?

Eastpointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Comp OJ 2015 Ecoboost
I would think that if they could get a kit out for say $5K you still have assembly and paint thats going to be another $5K or so. If you could get it all done for $10K, would you do it?

If I was financially secure, Yes I'd say 10K would be a good enough value bang for buck. But they also make the car 800HP which is probably MUCH more expensive.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Got to be a BS article. Carrol Shelby learned the hard way through the courts that you cannot sue over the "looks" of a car. He tried to claim that the mods he did to the original Ace sports car to build the 427 Cobra were all his and every kit car manufacturer owed him a fortune.

Sponsored
OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Really looks like it is the couple of stories I read about this are gone now and no mention of it on Ford authority in fact they have a article on the car.

http://fordauthority.com/2016/10/zero-to-60-designs-ford-gt-tribute-mustang-sema-2016/

Ford Authority is not an official Ford publication. See the "about" info.

"Please note that Ford Authority is a product of Motrolix LLC and is not sponsored, owned, or in any other way condoned by Ford Motor Company, its brands, subsidiaries, or partners."

Got to be a BS article. Carrol Shelby learned the hard way through the courts that you cannot sue over the "looks" of a car. He tried to claim that the mods he did to the original Ace sports car to build the 427 Cobra were all his and every kit car manufacturer owed him a fortune.
Found a secondary article supporting the claim:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/11/ttac-news-round-5/

ā€œWeā€™re aware of the Zero to 60 Designs Mustang ā€˜GTT,'ā€ a Ford spokesman told Carscoops. ā€œMustang and GT feature important design elements that uniquely and individually identify both as Ford Performance vehicles. Fordā€™s legal counsel is investigating how best to address the matter.ā€

Another one:

http://www.allautoexperts.com/car-news/zero-60-designs-ford-mustang-gtt-might-cause-new-lawsuit/

At this point its lawyers discussing legal action, Im sure if/when it happens well definitely find out quickly.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Id take a R but thats to pair with my 350 in my driveway lol this way I can build one to this insane monster I have dreamed of and keep the other stock.....ish

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Id take a R but thats to pair with my 350 in my driveway lol this way I can build one to this insane monster I have dreamed of and keep the other stock.....ish
I would DEFINITELY take an R over that garbage.

Raven15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z/28 Camaro
While I do like the GTT and its Ford GT looks, I would take the 350-R ANY day of the week way before the GTT.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey