Sponsored

Any other V6 owners have major engine failure?

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Just throttle body at 3800 miles.
Sponsored

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
Rolled over 50k yesterday, no engine problems. The 3.7 is extremely reliable, I'm glad I went with it. For maintenance, I change the oil about every 5k-7k and use full synthetic. That's all I've done so far.

My commute is 120mi roundtrip daily. I get about 24 mpg @ 80mph. If you drive sixty, you can get well into the 30s. The other day I did it just to see how high I could get it, trip computer was saying 36 MPG. [With 225/275 tires F/R]. It was so painful to drive that slow though.

To be honest, sometimes in the heat of summer the A/C seems to really tax it at idle. Annoying, but so far it has not proved to be a problem.

So far, I have to say the engine is a good mix of performance and fuel economy, and it is dependable to boot.

However, regarding failures I had a non engine related one. I had a brake booster fail, can't fault the engine though obviously. I was outside of the 32k mile warranty and they didn't cover it. Can you guess I'm still salty about it? I'd say I have about a 50% chance of buying a Ford again because of it.

usnrelic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium, PP1, 6 speed
My throttle body failed today. 8700 miles. Luckily I was about 5 miles from the dealer. I was told it should be fixed tomorrow.

JB1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Is there a certain build date for these that have that bad Throttle body?.....any TSB?

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Is there a certain build date for these that have that bad Throttle body?.....any TSB?
I had a TB failure in August at around 3800 miles. My car's build date was 20 Nov 2015, release date 29 Nov 2015, purchased 19 Feb 2016. The TB was replaced under warranty at the dealer, included paid-for rental. I received an FSB through my Ford Owners' page titled Electronic Throttle Body Repair (16B32) a couple of weeks after the repair was done. I need to follow up to see if any additional repair is needed, another member got a similar notice, but all that was done for his car was reprogramming.

Sponsored

dukesie79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black V6 MT 050A
I have the same FSB on my ford owners page. I'm scheduled for next Thursday for the repair. My dealer said they will either replace or reprogram it. Not sure exactly what a reprogrammed TB is? Anyway, they say they've replaced at least 100 of the failed TBs.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I just logged into the Ford owner site and have the same FSB for the throttle body. Looks like I'll be making a phone call tomorrow. Now if only I liked any of the dealerships around me.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
I just logged into the Ford owner site and have the same FSB for the throttle body. Looks like I'll be making a phone call tomorrow. Now if only I liked any of the dealerships around me.
Ran my VIN through the owner site as well. My vehicle is also included in the FSB. I will play it safe and be proactive before this becomes an issue and leaves me stranded. I will also be putting back on the stock intake tubing to be safe.

JB1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I have the FSA message on my owner account today, guess I'll schedule an appointment before it breaks down. Just bought this car 6 weeks ago for my son, never had to take a car in for engine work before I got my plates. Hope this isn't an indication of problems to come.

Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Saw the throttle body FSA with my vin notice on my ford owner site. A month late for me but at least they are taking action and hopefully help those that haven't have any issues yet.

JohnnyBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Hi everyone very noobish question but what does FSB stand for? I want to know how to check if this affects my car? So far from what I can see on fords owners website I have a door latch recall.

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush
My stock catback exhaust was replaced due to defective resonator part 2015 built mustangs Thanks to co-forum member who nailed the issue right on so that I could state the same to the technician guys and got it replaced under warrenty. I even had axles backs at that time. Yet it did not void my exhaust warrenty.

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
What were the symptoms and at what mileage? Good to know these things regardless.

usnrelic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium, PP1, 6 speed
My throttle body failed Tuesday afternoon. That morning I had noticed it "miss" a couple of times starting off from a stop. I picked my daughter up from school and it went into limp mode with the wrench symbol popping up on the dash. I pulled over and called the dealer 5 miles away, then called ford roadside assistance. They were very professional and said a tow would be there in less than an hour. They also told me to try restarting it and see if it cleared. I started it and it ran normal, no check engine light, no wrench. They stayed on the phone until I got to the dealership. It went into limp mode 2 more times in 5 miles. each time I pulled over, shut it down, then restarted it. I made it to the dealer 15 mins before closing. They diagnosed it and ordered the new throttle body. I left it overnight and picked it up the next day after lunch. I am very fortunate to have an excellent small town dealership. My car was built in Nov 2015, I bought it Dec 26, 2016. Ive only put 8000 miles on it and my only mods are flowmaster axle backs, and a furuno drain valve. There was no issue with warranty because of the exhaust, the service manager told me he loved how it sounded.
Sponsored

Last edited: