Sponsored

Dream of having a GT350

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
So how many of you out there dream of having/getting a Shelby GT350?

Don’t get me wrong, I love my GT. It is a fantastic car and love looking at it
but man would I love to have a GT350 sitting in my garage.

The looks, the engine, the handling, that wonderful exhaust note.

Unfortunately just out of reach. Perhaps in a few years I could pick up a decent used one but cannot get a new one.

Just curious, anyone else have the same cravings as me?
Cravings? Yeah. But let me tell you, I got my GT for $29k back when. I could buy two of them for the price of one GT350, almost. If the price weren't crazy, I'd be all over it. But for the money, I'm happy with the GT. I mean, you gotta settle for something, sometime. Get a GT350? Then maybe you want a Ford GT. Get that? Maybe you want some exotic car. No, no. Gotta find a sweet spot and be happy. Nothing is worse than being broke because you bought too much car.
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
GT350 is a track-focused car (notwithstanding the issues with first run cars not having all the accessory fluid coolers) not unlike the Chevy Z/28. Having not driven either, tough for me to make a personal analysis but the market is an excellent barometer as to the relative "value" of any given car model. The simple fact that 2+ years into the model run, dealers are still asking, and getting in most cases, ADM for GT350's and Z/28's never sold particularly well and can be had at deep discount.

ftrv8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
On order '17, but still looking at '18
I've been teetering between a GT or GT350 for a long time. I can afford either financially for the car itself, but the other costs of owing the latter make it just too hard to get the GT350. Insurance namely is one huge one. I am sure as soon as they plug in the VIN number their mouth start salivating.

Tires and maintenance also come to mind. But man is the GT350 sweet as hell.

Sponsored

ftrv8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
On order '17, but still looking at '18
Cravings? Yeah. But let me tell you, I got my GT for $29k back when. I could buy two of them for the price of one GT350, almost. If the price weren't crazy, I'd be all over it. But for the money, I'm happy with the GT. I mean, you gotta settle for something, sometime. Get a GT350? Then maybe you want a Ford GT. Get that? Maybe you want some exotic car. No, no. Gotta find a sweet spot and be happy. Nothing is worse than being broke because you bought too much car.
Last sentence is spot on!

shelbydave

Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 shelby gt350
Buy both and get it over with..

Computer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT350
There is nothing wrong with dreaming about owning a GT350. Yes, "the looks, the engine, the handling, that wonderful exhaust note," the GT350 has all of that in spades. I thought that I wanted a 2013 GT500 badly when its 662HP engine was announced, then I started wondering where could I legally use that much power, and if I could take it to the same places that I had taken my 2011 GT without getting stuck, and without panicking that someone was eying my car in the hotel parking lot. In late 2012 ended up taking the down payment that I set aside for the GT500 and bought what I considered to be a stupid expensive Lariat F150 4x4 instead (it had an MSRP of $48,000).

The GT350 mostly fixes the unusable power problem with the additional of stock wide tires, magnetic ride control, and various other enhancements. After spending a year or so reading every article that I could find on the GT350, and watching every video on Youtube, I ordered a GT350 in May of this year. The GT350 has a lot of hidden costs beyond the difference between a Mustang GT at near invoice price and a 2017 GT350 at MSRP (plus ADM) - I was aware of some of these hidden costs before purchase, but was shocked by a few others (full coverage insurance is as much as the insurance for my 2011 GT and 2013 F150 combined, Michigan license plate cost is based on MSRP of the vehicle).

Buyer's remorse? Admittedly a little after adding up all of the out of pocket costs for owning a GT350, but that buyer's remorse faded shortly after the second or third smooth shift into second near red line and the thumbs up from the group of people traveling in the older Ferrari convertible that passed me on the Ohio Turnpike. While a GT350 would make a suitable daily driver car in low traffic areas, it is not the right choice if it would be a stretch to make the monthly payments.

But there is nothing wrong with dreaming.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Don't want.

They're double the price of what I have and then I'd have to baby it even more than mine. My car is a daily driver. I'm a musician and I take it to gigs. No way I'd take a GT350 to gigs. It would be a frekkin headache for me. If I had money it might be different I guess but I got a kid in college and I'm lucky to have what I have.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
So how many of you out there dream of having/getting a Shelby GT350?

Don’t get me wrong, I love my GT. It is a fantastic car and love looking at it
but man would I love to have a GT350 sitting in my garage.

The looks, the engine, the handling, that wonderful exhaust note.

Unfortunately just out of reach. Perhaps in a few years I could pick up a decent used one but cannot get a new one.

Just curious, anyone else have the same cravings as me?

ZERO interest in a Shelby. Even at MSRP.

Sponsored

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
I really appreciate the spirit of the car but what really makes it is the high specific output high rpm V8 screamer motor. These types of engines are by far the most rewarding in a non-DD mindset.

However - no way in hell I'd spend 50-60k on a Mustang. Much better choices for that kind of cash. The quality, build and finesse just won't be there like it will be with other cars in that range. The Mustang, to me, is about cheap thrills. Spending big bucks totally defeats the purpose.

Plus, the GTPP is damn good for $34k brand new.

cjj237

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Guard
To answer your question, I do dream of it...But I'll dream of a GT500 even more.

CM581978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550 Owner
Unless I make a 6 figure salary(which will never happen), a GT350 won't be my reality.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
I dreamed this morning and it just became my reality. :cheers:

OP
OP
Ashiq73

Ashiq73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 6 Speed Magnetic Metallic
Everyone's replies are well appreciated.

Dream a little Dream!
Sponsored