Sponsored

Nick's 2017 Lightning Blue Roushcharged GT Build

CM581978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550 Owner
Oct 21st, its a Fri. Hit me up on FB, I think we have mutual friends lol. Realized it after I replied to your comment when you first got the car

Sponsored

OP
OP

ngiardina

deez nuts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT - Roushcharged
Finally finished the Suspension

So my buddy Wayne over at Fisher Performance in Bound Brook, NJ finally had some time in the schedule to get my car up on a lift. The last remaining suspension/driveline items included:

- Steeda Front Sway Bar with Billet mounts
- Steeda Rear Differential Bushing Inserts
- Steeda Adjustable Rear Toe-Links
- Steeda Tri-Ax Race Shifter
- Steeda Stainless Clutch line

I made a short video showing the Tri-Ax Race shifter in action. It is pretty badass.
[ame]

Now that the suspension is wrapped up and the driveline stiffened, the car feels very different. Very little power is wasted in driveline slop and it feels much more planted around turns. It feels like I can apply power a little earlier exiting a turn as well without the car pitching a fit.

I was shocked at how much of a difference the differential bushings made. Anecdotally, it seems like the bushings and rear toe links, which were installed in this round, made more of a difference to the driveline than the braces, cradle supports, and alignment kit. I have a feeling if I chose to go with the black inserts versus the red, more vibration would be transmitted into the cabin, and I do believe I have reached my personal limit as far as that is concerned. A little gear whine from the shifter is one thing, but hearing buzzes and bangs from the suspension and driveline is not something I am willing to deal with.

Here are a few pics from this most recent round of installations: Sorry for the terrible quality, but my phone broke yesterday during the install and I had to borrow someones.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
So my buddy Wayne over at Fisher Performance in Bound Brook, NJ finally had some time in the schedule to get my car up on a lift. The last remaining suspension/driveline items included:

- Steeda Front Sway Bar with Billet mounts
- Steeda Rear Differential Bushing Inserts
- Steeda Adjustable Rear Toe-Links
- Steeda Tri-Ax Race Shifter
- Steeda Stainless Clutch line

I made a short video showing the Tri-Ax Race shifter in action. It is pretty badass.

Now that the suspension is wrapped up and the driveline stiffened, the car feels very different. Very little power is wasted in driveline slop and it feels much more planted around turns. It feels like I can apply power a little earlier exiting a turn as well without the car pitching a fit.

I was shocked at how much of a difference the differential bushings made. Anecdotally, it seems like the bushings and rear toe links, which were installed in this round, made more of a difference to the driveline than the braces, cradle supports, and alignment kit. I have a feeling if I chose to go with the black inserts versus the red, more vibration would be transmitted into the cabin, and I do believe I have reached my personal limit as far as that is concerned. A little gear whine from the shifter is one thing, but hearing buzzes and bangs from the suspension and driveline is not something I am willing to deal with.

Here are a few pics from this most recent round of installations: Sorry for the terrible quality, but my phone broke yesterday during the install and I had to borrow someones.

Great feedback & review!

If in the future ... you want to save the time & get fully equipped, we have the Steeda Q-Series, lol!

TJ

OP
OP

ngiardina

deez nuts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT - Roushcharged
[MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] - I know you're only half joking, but I spent only about $18k over a stock GT to get to this point. And what fun is it if you have a fast car and no busted knuckles?

I did look at your Q750 suspension - and I think I have everything except your dampers.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] - I know you're only half joking, but I spent only about $18k over a stock GT to get to this point. And what fun is it if you have a fast car and no busted knuckles?

I did look at your Q750 suspension - and I think I have everything except your dampers.
When your ready for the dampers ... let me know :cheers:

TJ

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Looks spectacular. Well done!

Sponsored

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Man that looks really good ! Well done on the setup. I like the way the car looks, you took it to the next level for sure.

Show and go. You cannot go wrong with that.

scarface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom
That warranty is over rated, read it carefully
When I had my RS3, never had any problems with warranty issues with Roush or my dealer. Roush had a recall on the welding on the exhaust hook, they called me, told me the part is at the dealer, took about 1hr and I was back on the road. One of my shocks was leaking slowly (i track my car a lot), dealer inspected it, confirmed, and placed the order through Roush. Dealer called and said Roush decided they would rather replaced all 4 shocks. Took 2 hrs, back in the road, Roush and my dealer never have me any hassle.

bombs551

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Have you seen any impact in your performance and handling with the spacers? Have you seen any increased wear on your drivetrain parts from them? I like the PP wheels, but I wish they were more spaced out and lined up with the wheel well, but I'm a littler nervous about spacers, even hub centric ones.
Sponsored