Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Tl;dr version

Needed a new tire so I can drive down to see my brother, Just Tires nearly put the car over the curb, scuffed my wheel and the paint above my rear tire, acted like they couldn't see. Paid $200, left with Store Manager's card, written proof that I stated damage at the time, and wondering what can be done.

Long version

Today I took my car into Just Tires around 4:30pm to get the low pressure tire check out since I'm driving 2 hours south to visit my Bro for his birthday in San Diego. Dwight at Just Tire and I found a nail on the sidewall of the tire (I hadn't seen it before), and told me the tire would have to be replaced. Says it'll be $235 after everything (minus tax I think). I call the dealer to see if the tires have Road Hazzard before and they say no. Don't think I applied any warranty.

Anyway, girl comes into shop from break, puts plastic on my car and I rush out yelling at her to stop after finding her nearly putting my car over the concrete curb. She had it in 1st instead of reverse and the parking break on. I tell her how to do it (though at this point I should have bailed.) and watch as she tries to put it (twice) on the full-body jack. I get help and say I'm worried about the side skirts breaking and Dwight rushes out there, removes it and puts it up with a hand rack.

The girl is still handling my car despite me worrying about it and expressing dissatisfaction. Takes her about an hour to balance it, and jacks up the adhesive holding the wheel weights which are no longer on there. She leaves for the day and I'm pissed. I request Dwight to look over the car, gives me an "a-okay" look but I find scuffs on the wheel (most came off after washing), scuffs on the red paint above the rear tire (which did NOT come off after washing it just now), and 2 parts of the side skirts are indented underneath.

I was 3rd in line of customers who all were pissed off at something. After 8pm I finally ended up paying $200 for the tire not any of the service just in case they tried to saying not paying meant I was satisfied. I'm very unhappy. But what do I do? I'll try and get pics of the paint better, it's hard in the dark.
unnamed-5.jpg
unnamed-6.jpg
unnamed-4.jpg
Sponsored

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium

I CAN'T SEE CRAP IN THOSE PICS TAKEN WITH A POTATO:D

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I see the marks the OP is referring to and you should be able to buff that out with a finishing polish. The side skirt dent doesn't seem to have been cause by contact of any kind though. I would be upset as well but you are lucky it wasn't worse and can chalk it up to a lesson learned.

I've always removed my tires myself and brought them in for mounting, balancing, or flat fixes. I realize that's not always possible if you have no spare and this is your only vehicle. Even when I have done that part myself I've had centercaps damaged (i remove those myself now as well) and you could always get scratches on the wheel from careless handling. I wash the wheels for easy inspection before and after the work is completed.

I guess the main question you need to be prepared to answer is what do you want from them to make you happy?

15DIBGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush stage 3
I dont see anything.:shrug:

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
That'll buff out. Calm down and get over it.
Would u get over it if it was your car,this kind of crap happens to much because of techs not caring because its not theirs.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
After having my springs installed I took it to Just Tires to get the car aligned, a few weeks later I noticed some small scuff marks on one or two of the rims, barely visible but still kind of pissed me off.

TC

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Get some Polish, possibly some Cleaner, and some Wax.

The Polish and/or Cleaner should take care of any surface issues up to and including small scratches. Finish with the Wax.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Would u get over it if it was your car,this kind of crap happens to much because of techs not caring because its not theirs.
As something as little as that.... I probably would get over it. Before you call me out... I'd happily show you a picture of what a tech did to one of my bikes that DID piss me off, but since I had already placed a new order on a set of fairings and tank anyway I also didn't care that much.

OP
OP
Foxtrot

Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost
Thanks, guys. Hopefully it will buff out. It's definitely scratching from something brushing against it pretty hard. Overall just a sucky situation. Car has 700 miles on it :')

Sponsored

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
I have been doing business with Discount Tire for 29 years,. Many of my track buddies have joined with me in their support of our fast cars. NEVER a complaint. Highly recommend them.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
I have been doing business with Discount Tire for 29 years,. Many of my track buddies have joined with me in their support of our fast cars. NEVER a complaint��. Highly recommend them.
They only sell tires and wheels.They have the highest quality tire machines and the employees seem to know what they are doing.You can go back and watch if you choose to.they also use torque wrenches on lug nuts. No problems ever. Oh yea. the best prices too.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
i think the sideskirts are meant to be like that since thats its a reinforced spot for jacking up the car. I can't tell by the picture. It's not a big deal, but I definitely understand the struggle when someone damages your car.

DrElectron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 Manual Lightning Blue
They only sell tires and wheels.They have the highest quality tire machines and the employees seem to know what they are doing.You can go back and watch if you choose to.they also use torque wrenches on lug nuts. No problems ever. Oh yea. the best prices too.
I have to chime in with an endorsement for Discount Tire. Their people are simply better trained than the other tire shops. They are not afraid to have customers watch them work. You can also buy tires on their website, tires.com, and set up an install appointment at your local store for quick in and out.

IsolatedSnail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue GT/CS
I have to chime in with an endorsement for Discount Tire. Their people are simply better trained than the other tire shops. They are not afraid to have customers watch them work. You can also buy tires on their website, tires.com, and set up an install appointment at your local store for quick in and out.
I'll chime in with some more experiences here as well. Discount tire has always been great with my vehicles from 4x4 lifted trucks to family sedans to the Mustang. However, I know hearing from a bunch of people who've never had a problem is usually fairly weightless.

A good friend of mine had a fairly new mazda at DT when their machine to mounting tires scraped a circle into every wheel. They apologized and paid for replacements and go in touch with corporate who determined the computerized system had an incorrect calculation for his mazda. So even in bad situations, I've seen them be decent to work with.
Sponsored