Sponsored

Some guys like noise some like tone from the Mbrp catback to Arh pure thunder catback

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I just replaced my mbrp cat back with an American racing headers pure thunder cat back and wow what difference in sound and unexpectedly "power". I Liked my mbrp catback so long as i was just cruising, but going wot was so friggin raspy i just couldn't stand it anymore. From the momment i started my car up with the new Arh cat back i knew i had the sound i wanted. Now this is the only performance mod I've done and i felt the bump in power right off. The car is more responsive and more eager to move quickly. The ultimate test was a wot run and whether there was any rasp and there is none, no drone either. This cat back is 2 times the price of the mbrp cat back but in my mind its twice as good. This cat back will work perfectly for my n/a build to take place next month as i have Arh 1/78 th catted headers and x pipe ( bottleneck eliminator) that will bolt right up to it..anyway just wanted to share a good thing. If your interested in my mbrp cat back pm me...$475 takes it....

Classified add here:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65191
Sponsored

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
did you have the MBRP race of Street? I've heard a lot of the race guys complain about rasp but I don't have a single complaint on my street system.

Either way, congrats on liking the new setup!

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
did you have the MBRP race of Street? I've heard a lot of the race guys complain about rasp but I don't have a single complaint on my street system.

Street!

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Seems like all the rasp complaints I've heard/read about come from owners of the street version. I have the race version and zero rasp. Everyone that's heard it says the first thing they noticed was no rasp. There is a little drone at certain rpms but nothing too bothersome to me.

And good luck with your build OP. I've heard only one ARH setup and it was a complete setup (headers, x pipe, cb) and it was crazy raspy!

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
lol that bump in power is all in your head.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
lol that bump in power is all in your head.
Naa i know its not much but i can feel the difference! It feels better...it feels like the difference between driving on an extremly hot day and driving on a cool temp day! Or like when you drive around with your ac on then you turn it off and the car feels more responsive right away..

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is the video that sold me on my new cat back, this is the entire exhaust which i will have next month during my na build:

enjoy:

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Butt dyno results may vary.

MBRP Race owner here. No regrets, lots of compliments on the sound. Just can't sell my soul for a catback with the crazy pricing anymore.

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Butt dyno results may vary.

MBRP Race owner here. No regrets, lots of compliments on the sound. Just can't sell my soul for a catback with the crazy pricing anymore.
If your on a tight budget i see your point, but i'm single no wife no kids good job that pays well + money saved. everything i have is mine which gives my more freedom to spend a little more. When i sell the mbrp i get $500 back so that makes the new catback i bought roughly $200 more then the one i had. I think thats a great deal for a 304 stainless catback. i like the sound much more. Mbrp doesn't even have a 304 stainless catback just 409 and an aluminized version. No one is selling their souls to a catback, just spending a little more for what i deem a better product.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
If your on a tight budget i see your point, but i'm single no wife no kids good job that pays well + money saved. everything i have is mine which gives my more freedom to spend a little more. When i sell the mbrp i get $500 back so that makes the new catback i bought roughly $200 more then the one i had. I think thats a great deal for a 304 stainless catback. i like the sound much more. Mbrp doesn't even have a 304 stainless catback just 409 and an aluminized version. No one is selling their souls to a catback, just spending a little more for what i deem a better product.
How were you able to get a new ARH catback for $700? How does it sound at mild acceleration from around 1600 RPMs in overdrive? ANy drone at those speeds?

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

Street is raspy.
Never heard ANYONE with the race complain about rasp.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Street is raspy.
Never heard ANYONE with the race complain about rasp.
Race has no rasp, or very very little rasp if any. But it does have lots of drone. From what I read the Street has little drone but lots of rasp.

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The sale of my mbrp will net me 500.00 i paid $1200.00 for the new one =$700 of course also i forgot to account for the $100.00 i lose from the original price of the mbrp =$600. Of course when you sell used parts you never get back the full price so actually $800.00 is the real #. The sound is pronounce, when they say pure thunder they mean it. To me its all about the tone and its a tight muscular sound. no drone anywhere in the rpm no rasp either...

OP
OP
Dominant1

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
you guys make an interesting point. i'd like to see the innards of both the street and race mufflers to see y the street makes so much rasp.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Or just buy a Solo exhaust and have no tinny rasp and wonderful sound, excellent fitment, and a reasonable (relatively) $900 price tag. :)
Sponsored