lowering track pack?

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
hey all, im new so bear with me. been researching this forum for the last month or so since i got into my first mustang. so i have a 2017 with the track pack performance pack. ive researched and havent really found definitives on anything. im curious about a couple of things....

1. what springs and how good are they on the performance pack track pack?

2. i want to lower my car just a little bit, as it sits now is a little tall and i think just slightly lower would be ideal, what would best achieve this without compromising the handling? i was looking at just some good lowering springs and ideally leaving the rest.

I daily this car so i dont want it to be too much more rough than it is now but i would definitely like it an 1" or 1.5" lower
Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
If you want the least drop. There are some 1inch drop springs all around. Haven't seen any higher than that besides going with coilover or bag setup. Pretty much any springs will be fine for the PP as the base one

PS 1.5" is not a little drop. That's a good distance low from stock.

OP
OP

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
been researching more after i posted this. def realize now how big a 1.5" drop is haha

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i dont have a pp but im on cj pony springs and it sits great.. least for me.
there a 1.5 front 1.2 rear drop ..
20160511_194506 (2).jpg

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
I started with a PP GT and installed the FR track shocks/struts with Steeda Ultralight Linear springs. It rides just a tiny bit stiffer than stock, but I'm very pleased with the overall handling, stance & ride comfort of this combo... and some of the roads around Atlanta suck!

I ordered the M-18000-F kit... don't know if this is what comes on a '17 Track Pack or not, but worth investigating. If it is, then all you have to do is order lowering springs of your choice...

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
BMR Performance springs go nicely with 2016 PP shocks and struts, I had Koni yellows and they rode awful, I switched to 2016 PP parts and Im quite happy with the ride

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
look up BMR SP089 minimal drop fronts and SP082 performance rear springs. They only drop around .5-.75", very mild. That is what im running, also check out Koni adjustable shocks for this car. HUGE upgrade over the lackluster underdamped perf pack shocks. Do both while you are there doing the springs. You can literally change out rear shocks on this car in 30 min without a spring compressor.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Wait do you have a track pack or the performance pack?

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
hey all, im new so bear with me. been researching this forum for the last month or so since i got into my first mustang. so i have a 2017 with the track pack performance pack. ive researched and havent really found definitives on anything. im curious about a couple of things....

2. i want to lower my car just a little bit, as it sits now is a little tall and i think just slightly lower would be ideal, what would best achieve this without compromising the handling? i was looking at just some good lowering springs and ideally leaving the rest.

I daily this car so i dont want it to be too much more rough than it is now but i would definitely like it an 1" or 1.5" lower
Read this thread http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44925 it gives a lot of information about the different springs for the S550 Mustang. There are a lot of choices out there so you should be able to find a spring set that will meet your needs.

Here is another option http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-performance-street-handing-pack-fb-1516.html This kit includes a matched set of springs, shocks, struts & sway bars for a good price. If you read through enough threads on lowering these cars you will find a lot people end up replacing the shocks and struts because of the poor performance of the OEM shocks & struts. I just replace my shocks and struts with Steeda Pro-Action shocks & struts because of poor performance of the OEM shocks & struts, and my car has just over 1700 miles on it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
A quick question for everyone who has lowered your car: did you need caster-camber plates to get it aligned correctly? I've been reading some conflicting things and based on what I've read it seems most don't need them, but I also just read a few horror stories on another thread.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm planning on dropping my car with Steeda Progressives soon (drops 1.125" front, 1" rear).

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0

You are the exact person, with the exact car, that I had in mind when designing the S550 Springs we offer.

Your PP Spring rates are 165F / 728R - Linear.

Our SP089 Front and SP082 Rear springs are 170F and 740R....and offer a slight drop and remove the reverse wheel-gap rake. This set of springs was specifically designed around the PP dampers.

You will not see a single negative review with our springs when paired with OEM dampers. :cheers:

Here is the stance to expect with our 089/082 combo:

attachment.jpg

Iceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150,2016 PP GT
A quick question for everyone who has lowered your car: did you need caster-camber plates to get it aligned correctly? I've been reading some conflicting things and based on what I've read it seems most don't need them, but I also just read a few horror stories on another thread.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm planning on dropping my car with Steeda Progressives soon (drops 1.125" front, 1" rear).
I'm wondering this as well but will be using steeda ultra lites.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I'm wondering this as well but will be using steeda ultra lites.
Every S550 is a little different, as long you are under 1.5 degrees negative camber you should be fine.

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Every S550 is a little different, as long you are under 1.5 degrees negative camber you should be fine.
OK, I know you probably can't provide a conclusive answer (which I understand), but if I installed a modestly lowered set of springs like your progressives, is it safe to assume that probably I'd be in spec (less than 1.5 deg neg camber, as you say)? Any issues with toe or caster?
Sponsored