Sponsored

No Cal & So Cal Member Summer Meet & Cruise **Sunday 7/31**

Where would you like to see the Meet & Cruise?

• Cambria w/ Local Cruises

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Pismo Beach w/ Local Cruises

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Morrow Bay w/ Local Cruises

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Cambria w/ Cruise to Monterey

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • Meet & Cruise in July

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • Meet & Cruise in in August

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Meet & Cruise in September

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Meet & Cruise 7/23-7/24

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Meet & Cruise 7/30-7/31

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thank you Dave [MENTION=13254]davekro[/MENTION] for putting those up! Can you PM me some info on the 45" Helmholtz branch resonators you have? Is there a link in the forum where you talk about them? I am getting ready to do my exhaust and want to explore some out of the box options to get the sound I want...
Sponsored

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Thank you Dave @davekro for putting those up! Can you PM me some info on the 45" Helmholtz branch resonators you have? Is there a link in the forum where you talk about them? I am getting ready to do my exhaust and want to explore some out of the box options to get the sound I want...
Here is the thread on my branch resonators made and installed to eliminate drone I got from Magnaflow 11365 mufflers on my V6. Note that the calculations for length of branch tube shown in the two charts ARE ONLY FOR a 6 Cylinder. Fortunately for you, I believe 8 cyl. engines need much shorter length branch resonators. The formula is found via Google. It was easier for me as UglyJohn on the V6 exhaust thread posted these charts he made for a V6.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58338

Most of my work was because I insisted on making them adjustable. If I were to do it again, I'd still have stubs welded onto the oem pipe so I could remove the resonators, but I'd just make them to the calculated length, then attach with a lap seam band clamp. You needing a much shorter length, it would be easier to get that one piece 'up in there' and onto the stub than my long ones.

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Here is the thread on my branch resonators made and installed to eliminate drone I got from Magnaflow 11365 mufflers on my V6. Note that the calculations for length of branch tube shown in the two charts ARE ONLY FOR a 6 Cylinder. Fortunately for you, I believe 8 cyl. engines need much shorter length branch resonators. The formula is found via Google. It was easier for me as UglyJohn on the V6 exhaust thread posted these charts he made for a V6.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58338

Most of my work was because I insisted on making them adjustable. If I were to do it again, I'd still have stubs welded onto the oem pipe so I could remove the resonators, but I'd just make them to the calculated length, then attach with a lap seam band clamp. You needing a much shorter length, it would be easier to get that one piece 'up in there' and onto the stub than my long ones.
Thank you Dave! I am going to take a look at adding them after the cat before the H pipe. I am planning to do electronic cutouts and want the non-muffled sound to sound good and just not loud. I am going to keep my factory mufflers for around town because they sound pretty good and are somewhat civil. It may be a pipe dream lol, but that's what make these things fun!
Sponsored