Sponsored

Decrease tramlining! Steeda G Brace works!

elitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I notice that tires always need a run in period. After that they settle down a lot. So if the tramlining is on tires w less than 1000 miles - maybe run them in a little more. Maybe whatever ills exist will calm down some. I have about 600 miles now and will withhold judgement for a while. Right now, yes, it does tramline. I found going from an Audi A5 (they have their own odd steering characteristics), the GT350 mustang feels a little disconnected and or numb. But on the other hand the level of grip is beyond belief. The first thing I felt in the 350 was it was like driving a 526 HP brick. I don't mean that in a bad way either. It was just strange to dive into corners, apply heavy braking, etc, and not have any perceivable body roll - at all.
Agreed. My car tramlined a lot initially. After 1300 miles, it's significantly better.
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
There has to be quantitative data to prove their is an improvement before millions are spent on engineering a component.
I get that. I was just saying I'm guessing they didn't overlook it and decided to leave it off for other reasons. Maybe for the reasons previously mentioned. I'm just curious in a general sense as to why.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I have to agree! I was thinking the same thing about a Mone Carlo bar up top, why not have one on the bottom.

This morning I drove 50 miles home... Usually I drive the left lane in the interstate a little above the limit. Prior to the G-brace, the car found every rut in the pavement and sniffed it out like a bloodhound on a criminal. With the brace I can take my hands off the wheel and the car tracks straight, not requiring correction, for a couple of tenths of a mile in the same sections where I was fighting the wheel to stay mid-lane.

Honestly, I have no idea why his works other than tying the subframes together well and it's tracking better now. Makes me wonder what I'd be giving up by leaving it on, or would I be giving anything up at all when I track the car.

elitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Huh, I've got almost 3000 miles on it and seems very similar to when it was brand new.
Not sure what to tell you but tramline used to almost yank the steering wheel out of my hand. Not so anymore.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Not sure what to tell you but tramline used to almost yank the steering wheel out of my hand. Not so anymore.
I wasn't saying you or anybody was exaggerating. Just adding my own experience with it.

It doesn't really bother me that much as I expected it. The car has very wide wheels/tires and it is part of the deal. I'm glad you guys don't feel it as much. For $80 and 15 minutes worth of work it is something worth looking at and giving a try.

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I had to google "tramlining" lol..

I just got one of these braces and am installing it today or tomorrow. Really looking forward to see if it really does reduce the tendency to grab onto asphalt seams...

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
For 80 bucks, its worth it to try!
For as much as my sewer line cost to run and how much i use it at my shop, i figured the cost to take a dump was 35 bucks so in retrospect this is 2.5 poops worth of mods.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
@SteedaTech Can you chime in on this topic and maybe provide more feedback on this and why it reduced the tramlining?

Steeda’s 2 Pt G-Trac brace provides the best structural stiffness, under chassis clearance ,steering response and control in its class. Why, because it fits the furthest back of any front sub frame brace on the market!

Great bang for the investment!

Steeda Tech

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
I like the tramlining ... It keeps me from driving and texting cause the phone flies from my hand. :)

In all seriousness, I might look into this as well.

Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Sport mode on the steering goes a long way to reducing the tramlining.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Sport mode on the steering goes a long way to reducing the tramlining.
I drive in Sport mode everyday & I'd say this is correct for the standard GT350 wheel/tire setup. Though I really didn't notice a lot of tramlining in regular mode either.

Not in my R...
Since switching to Cup 2's... doesn't help me either, but oh man the grip!

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
I drive in Sport mode everyday & I'd say this is correct for the standard GT350 wheel/tire setup. Though I really didn't notice a lot of tramlining in regular mode either.

Since switching to Cup 2's... doesn't help me either, but oh man the grip!
I like the lightness and the better feel of Comfort, but man does it let the front wheels hammer back at you.
Sponsored