Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Multimatic Uses Blistering Pit Stops to Win Second-Consecutive Race with Ford Shelby GT350R-C

• Multimatic earns second win in three weeks with Ford Shelby GT350R-C

• Scott Maxwell and Billy Johnson maintain lead in Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge championship points
LAKEVILLE, Conn., July 23, 2016 – Multimatic earned their second race in three weeks, this time at Lime Rock Park, on the strength of their pit stops and smart tire management.

It’s the third win of the year for the No. 15 Ford Shelby GT350R-C and co-drivers Billy Johnson and Scott Maxwell, who also drove to the winners circle at the season-opener in Daytona and their hometown track Canadian Tire Motorsport Park two weeks ago.

“Our pit stops were superb,” Maxwell said. “Billy and I didn’t make any mistakes, but really, we won it in the pits today. We gained five or six seconds each time (we stopped). That was enough to win the race.”

Maxwell started from p2 but nabbed the lead on the start.

“I don’t think we had the fastest car or the fastest pace over the run, but we did a good job managing traffic and if anything, were able to maintain, if not pull away there,” Johnson said. “With our awesome pit stops, that was a team win. Multimatic, Ford Performance, everyone won the race in the pits.”

After earning five seconds on the competition on stop No. 1, the No. 15 team took only two tires on the last stop to pick up even more time.

The No. 76 AERO Advanced Paint Technology/Children’s Tumor Foundation Ford Shelby GT350R-C started p3 and showed pace, but drivers Paul Holton and Pierre Kleinubing were sidelined when the car suffered a broken rear control arm. They finished seventh in class, 87 laps down.

“We had a great strategy and were able to execute really well early on,” Holton. “It was just really unfortunate that we had the issue with the control arm. In qualifying, we went a little aggressive on the set-up and went a little too far, but being right there in p3 was good for what we did. We’ll look ahead to the next race.”

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ng-pit-stops-to-win-second-consecutive-r.html
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2016/07/23/multimatic-uses-blistering-pit-stops-to-win-second-consecutive-r.html

072316-Billy-Johnson-and-Scott-Maxwell.jpg

072316-No.15pitstop.jpg

072316-No.15-Lime-Rock.jpg
Sponsored

16GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Just about to sit down to watch race (already heard results). Go GT350!

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
God I want those wheels so bad. Wish they fit.

16GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Had the wheels on my boss and they were amazing!

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
What wheels are these?

Sponsored

RedRiot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt pp
sucks that the season ford is going to win it all is the season the GS class is an embarrassment. 4 registered cars at CTMP was sad.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
sucks that the season ford is going to win it all is the season the GS class is an embarrassment. 4 registered cars at CTMP was sad.
I agree the GS class has lost its way. No BMW,Camaro,Nissan....the ST class has over 25 cars and most of the coverage . I do hope the new Camaro comes back next year. I would like to see the Shelby enter the GTD class if the continental series continues its current trend. :ford:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
In order for the silly z28 to be permitted in GS, a lot of rules were bent. This pretty much pissed everyone off and IMSA/Chevy had been basically promised a championship. The Camaro sucked in GS so the z28/Stevenson is entitled to one for trying.

When if finally win the title last year, ALL DRIVERS AND TEAMS DROPPED THE z28. As you can see, Ford engineered a Class Cleaner to get all the garbage out.

Notice Porsche stuck around? Porsche is serious... BMW lost their way and the camaro is a clown car.

You will see more serious competition return. Aston, BMW, Jag.. it takes time to deal with a Voodoo engine in an S550. This happened in 2008 too...

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5