Sponsored

Weird noise from radio when opening door

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Mine does this. Doesn't really phase me much. Just figured that it was one of those quirks with the design.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GiddyUp15

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Yup I still have the noise too and have had it intermittently since new. Just heard it the other day when opening the passenger door (previously only noticed when opening drivers door). It must have something to do with the dome lights coming on and interfering with the radio/amplifiers somehow? Those who have this issue, which stereo do you have? I have the Shaker Pro.

KeiRodez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertible w/PP
Yup I still have the noise too and have had it intermittently since new. Just heard it the other day when opening the passenger door (previously only noticed when opening drivers door). It must have something to do with the dome lights coming on and interfering with the radio/amplifiers somehow? Those who have this issue, which stereo do you have? I have the Shaker Pro.
Mine does this too! As a matter of fact, it's been doing it intermittently when I open the trunk, passenger or driver door. My dealer can't seem to "replicate" the problem.

perricj64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I am having the same problem. It's been there since new. I've had it to the dealer 3 times with no luck!!!

OP
OP
GiddyUp15

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Yeah it is near impossible to replicate. I cannot figure out any rhyme or reason to get it to do it. I only had the dealer look at it once last year and never bothered to try again. Oh well, just another Ford quirk I guess! :frusty:
Sponsored