Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
The reality is that a base EB or V6 is a direct price competitor in the mid-range economy car segment and there is nothing else out there with the looks, interior, handling, performance and engine options that even come close to a Mustang. One of the local dealers here has 30 V6 automatic base Mustangs on the lot all the time that they sell for 21,238.00. They sell EB automatics for 22,488.00. I bought my EB to replace my Civic as my DD. I do get about 10mpg less (avg 29 vs 39) but I'm OK in the 30mpg range with gas as cheap as it is and insurance is slightly cheaper on the Mustang. They are just an outstanding value in that price segment.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
The reality is that a base EB or V6 is a direct price competitor in the mid-range economy car segment and there is nothing else out there with the looks, interior, handling, performance and engine options that even come close to a Mustang. One of the local dealers here has 30 V6 automatic base Mustangs on the lot all the time that they sell for 21,238.00. They sell EB automatics for 22,488.00. I bought my EB to replace my Civic as my DD. I do get about 10mpg less (avg 29 vs 39) but I'm OK in the 30mpg range with gas as cheap as it is and insurance is slightly cheaper on the Mustang. They are just an outstanding value in that price segment.
What dealer is that in the Atlanta area that has that inventory? Sandy Springs Ford or whatever their name is:D

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
I hadn't thought of it that way, but it makes sense. Hell, I saw a local (DFW area) dealership advertising a v6 for under $20k last weekend.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Well, you still can't see out of them, and they don't look as good as the 5th gen (fugly front; Challengerish C pilar/Dorito glass). And they cost too much. The magazine performance numbers are very impressive -- I'd honestly be envious... IF I didn't believe in my beautiful Mustang, that is... With a few driveability mods, and modest upgrades, my real world numbers will be better than any magazine numbers for the Camaro -- and I'll still be under on cost. Sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't just want a base C7 with the Magneride option, then I look at my car...

They can't do the 7th gen yet -- no money -- they could do a facelift -- they need to put more window in the thing though.
Well they haven't even really advertised it much which I don't get but it's probably mainly due to the visibility and then the price point.
true, and I am not saying I expected it to surge past Mustang in sales, but I will admit I did expect a bit bigger of an increase in sales than what we are currently seeing.

kiwiford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon 302, Mazda MPV V6
I think it would be interesting to compare convertible sales, as they both have loads of headroom...haha. I wonder if the gm product has the same crap view out as the coupe, when the roof is up though ?!

Sponsored

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
true, and I am not saying I expected it to surge past Mustang in sales, but I will admit I did expect a bit bigger of an increase in sales than what we are currently seeing.
I don't disagree with that -- I'm a little surprised, but I understand. The 5th gen had all the issues the 6th does, and it sold well against the Mustang. The 6th gen has better magazine numbers than the 5th gen, and most 6th gen Mustangs too -- the car does have a lot going for it -- but if I'd waited to get my hot rod, the 6th generation Camaro wouldn't be on my short list. It would be the car I have, a GT350, or a base C7 with Magneride. While the 5th gen Camaro had some cool retro looks, the current car looks totally lost from a design standpoint: the basic proportions are retro, but the language on top of it is polarizing. It reminds me of how the Adam West Batmobile was done -- it's cool for the Batmobile, but I ain't Batman...

mrblanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I have seen one significant difference in my area between the 2016 Mustangs and 2016 Camaros. I can buy base Mustangs (V6, stick or auto as the only option) all day at any one of 15 different dealerships for about $22,000. I could not find any base Camaros on any dealership in the area. The lowest price I found (and I just checked) was one $25,500, and after that, everything was over $27,000. This is a common strategy for new models, but I'm sure that hurts casual sales and first-time new car buyers.

Hancock

The Camaro Protagonist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 2SS A8
I can't see out the Camaro, and I like the looks of the Mustang, so what if it is 2/10s quicker in 1/4 mile...........

I get more comments about my Mustang than the Corvette. I am going to take them both to a car show in a couple weeks and it will be interesting to hear what people say.
Camaro SS is .5 quicker than a GT, fact.

Who buys a car for other people's comments? And I'd be curious what women are commenting on your car. Gear-heads will take a Corvette all day.

And people using sales as a criteria for which car is better is pretty funny, not much different than people who claim their religion is the better one because it's more "popular".

I like the Mustang but the reasoning to buy one shouldn't be based on sales numbers. :lol:

Hancock

The Camaro Protagonist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 2SS A8
This is not rocket science though guys. The Mustang is the cheaper, better packaged car. People see with X plan, that they can get a fast V8 for thousands less. That being said, I know chevy would like to see a higher number, but 7-8k a month will keep the Camaro around for a long time. Which is great for everyone!
Werd. I don't give a crap which car sells more as long as these types of cars continue to be built.

But putting so much value on sales numbers happens when you need validation for the decision you made.

Sponsored

Hancock

The Camaro Protagonist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 2SS A8
I don't get what the hoopla is all about I guess. I didn't get the camaro because I didn't care for the visibility, look, or interior. Some people are perfectly fine with it. I don't get why anyone cares who sold the most. You guys are like a cult or something lol. I can sort of understand people arguing driving, features, performance... just not who sold the most.
QFT

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
But April of last year was an all-time record high.
My comment was not a slam, that small of a drop the second year in production is very good!

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
Werd. I don't give a crap which car sells more as long as these types of cars continue to be built.

But putting so much value on sales numbers happens when you need validation for the decision you made.
The car came first, the sales later. No chicken or egg question here. Cause and effect.
OK, yes it is validating. Why do the enator sales charts begin in May 2009? ans. Camaro 5
began life. Did Chevrolet or any Camaro buyers ever boast or post about the sales lead?
ans. Yes. Is two way traffic ok on this road?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Bullshit.

Here is my validation for for buying my car. It looks BADASS and turns head, every second of every day.
1462546296.quarter tint.jpg

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Camaro SS is .5 quicker than a GT, fact.

Who buys a car for other people's comments? And I'd be curious what women are commenting on your car. Gear-heads will take a Corvette all day.

And people using sales as a criteria for which car is better is pretty funny, not much different than people who claim their religion is the better one because it's more "popular".

I like the Mustang but the reasoning to buy one shouldn't be based on sales numbers. :lol:
Did anybody in this thread EVER suggest sales volume as being a reason to buy a Mustang? Did you just pull that statement out of your rear?

Everybody has different criteria for making decisions regarding their car purchases. For some it's emotional, for others it's appearance, performance, vanity, etc. The list goes on and on.
Sponsored