OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
This.....I actually put one in the cart and saw all that and was like nope.... I'll wait
Not sure I understand what you are waiting for. We only ship turbochargers in very heavy double wall boxes, couple this with the weight of the turbos itself, and that we insure them for the total amount every time. This means shipping is always high (if you consider shipping 30lb box with $2000 insurance cross country high that is) . If you are waiting for shipping to go down that is not going to happen. We would rather charge more shipping, and be insured against damage as shippers routinely have been known to throw boxes around. A turbocharger is a precision piece of equipment, they do not do well being dropped or thrown. This ensures if we have any issues they are covered by the shipper. As for the paypal fee, many people simply drop us an email, and ask if they can use a CC directly, and avoid the fee. The answer is of course yes.
Sponsored

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
Alright alright haha..... I'll think about it :p

J_MENIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Not sure I understand what you are waiting for. We only ship turbochargers in very heavy double wall boxes, couple this with the weight of the turbos itself, and that we insure them for the total amount every time. This means shipping is always high (if you consider shipping 30lb box with $2000 insurance cross country high that is) . If you are waiting for shipping to go down that is not going to happen. We would rather charge more shipping, and be insured against damage as shippers routinely have been known to throw boxes around. A turbocharger is a precision piece of equipment, they do not do well being dropped or thrown. This ensures if we have any issues they are covered by the shipper. As for the paypal fee, many people simply drop us an email, and ask if they can use a CC directly, and avoid the fee. The answer is of course yes.
When I do eventually buy one, is it possible to have it installed by you guys and pay for the turbo and all at the shop? And just drive out there since I only like 25mins away. Rather than shipping it?

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
When I do eventually buy one, is it possible to have it installed by you guys and pay for the turbo and all at the shop? And just drive out there since I only like 25mins away. Rather than shipping it?
100%, we would happy to do the install. We have two shops, including a full install center with 4 lifts.

Sponsored

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Is no one seriously selling their stage one???

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Fuck i want. But im broke now. Rental car is fucking me up!!!

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Is no one seriously selling their stage one???
I litteraly just ordered my stage 1 today will be posting a review soon. I decided to do stage 1 first and if i wana go bigger ill live and learn

Damndave

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
I litteraly just ordered my stage 1 today will be posting a review soon. I decided to do stage 1 first and if i wana go bigger ill live and learn
everyone I talked to with stage one regrets getting it over the 2. Report back and let us know what you think

Damndave

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
$77 in shipping is what is stopping me from checking out and waiting. The $60 paypal fee doesnt help, but I can understand that one (to an extent at least).

$1999 turns into $2140 real quick.
Your not moving forward over $77 in shipping??

Sponsored

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
everyone I talked to with stage one regrets getting it over the 2. Report back and let us know what you think
Will do and i doubt i will regret it. Just getting power to redline is enough for me. I will do a full review with and without a tune.

J_MENIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Oh we took the car to a 1/2 mile roll race, it did excellent. Trapped almost 150MPH in the 1/2 mile, which was faster than many cars including a HellCat, Many 5.0 Mustangs, Auid R8, it was doing quite well. We did hit a snag on the 1/4 our drag wheels wont quite clear the calipers, we will be addressing it, and heading to the strip asap!
Any update on this? And are you saying with this turbo upgrade an eco is potentially faster than 700hp hellcat from a roll? Id love too see some track videos if you have any. This sounds insane :eyebulge:

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
I'm not really trying to bust your balls too hard, but Paypal or not there is a fee associated with taking a customers credit card. For card not present transactions, most smaller companies are at the 2.5% or higher range. Paypal is currently at $.30 + 2.9%.

As for shipping, I certainly understand proper packaging AND insurance. Quoting out a 15x15x15 @ 30lbs fully insured to my zip code comes back at $36 with UPS published rates. If you have any form of negotiated rates it will be even cheaper than that.

Again, not trying to bust your balls too much. I think it is a solid solution, and I will probably end up with one at some point. My desire for instant gratification may outweigh my frustrations in the extra fees once these are actually in stock.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
Your not moving forward over $77 in shipping??
Yessir.

From Cali to New York might be $77, but Cali to Utah is <$36. In the day of Amazon Prime and most sites doing some form of free (or very cheap shipping) I have a hard time paying double what the published rates are.

Instant gratification will probably get the best of me at some point, but that point is not now.
Sponsored