OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Im actually really suprised how unsuspecting that looks!
Is it possible to put the heat sheild still?
Heat shield 100% fits perfectly. I just leave mine off, because its a PITA, and we were swapping turbos around stock to stage 1, stage 1 to Stage 2. Also sorry for all the Anti-Sieze Stains. Shit gets everywhere, but if you want to take stuff apart again, the Stainless Steel 1800+ degree stuff is the only way to go!

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Oh we took the car to a 1/2 mile roll race, it did excellent. Trapped almost 150MPH in the 1/2 mile, which was faster than many cars including a HellCat, Many 5.0 Mustangs, Auid R8, it was doing quite well. We did hit a snag on the 1/4 our drag wheels wont quite clear the calipers, we will be addressing it, and heading to the strip asap!
See here

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
I will take a couple today, but that is 100% correct you cannot tell the difference between stage 2, and stock from the outside
That to me is the big selling point. I could literally have a 500whp machine and pop the hood and people will think it makes no more than 380 at the most.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Vargas, is that a stock wastegate? Are you guys testing it for tolerances or effectiveness? I'd imagine it'd be way out of its league on that monster.

PhantomSteed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium PP
Vargas, is that a stock wastegate? Are you guys testing it for tolerances or effectiveness? I'd imagine it'd be way out of its league on that monster.
I believe it is a 15psi WGA. They posted it somewhere on this thread or one of their others.

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG
I believe it is a 15psi WGA. They posted it somewhere on this thread or one of their others.
Wonder if it will work with tune+ turbosmart actuator?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
For some reason, I thought it was a 17 psi wastegate which was thought to be the same pressure as Adam's.

PhantomSteed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium PP
Wonder if it will work with tune+ turbosmart actuator?
I emailed Adam when I purchased the tune+ WGA and he informed me that it is an upgrade from the WGA that comes standard on the Vargas stage 2.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
It looks like a stock 'style' actuator. I say style because you can tell slightly that the actuator rod is different than stock. Its covered up by the heat shield of course.

smdandb2

ManBearPig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Corolla SE
$77 in shipping is what is stopping me from checking out and waiting. The $60 paypal fee doesnt help, but I can understand that one (to an extent at least).

$1999 turns into $2140 real quick.

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
In my opinion the wastegate on these turbos is as good as the TS smart IWG which is what Adams sells with his custom spring in it. We love all TS products, and its why we are dealers for them, but have had bad luck with their IWG's. I actually have 3 sitting here, and when testing the Stage 2, we wanted to try one, I had one leak on me right out of the box, and I just gave up, as its the second one that leaked on me. The gate that comes on these turbos is 16 psi cracking pressure, and looks EXACTLY like stock. The one on the test unit is an EFR high spring gate which cracks right around the same pressure. The manufacture misunderstood me, and made the sample cracking at 10 psi, fully open at 16 instead of cracking at 16 so we tested with the EFR gate in place. The production units will have the 16 psi cracking gate.

dausmus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost PP
$77 in shipping is what is stopping me from checking out and waiting. The $60 paypal fee doesnt help, but I can understand that one (to an extent at least).

$1999 turns into $2140 real quick.

This.....I actually put one in the cart and saw all that and was like nope.... I'll wait

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
This.....I actually put one in the cart and saw all that and was like nope.... I'll wait
I mean they are in California so I can see a high shipping price but the paypal fee I didn't like either. I got my turbo for the intro price so I'm okay with it.
Sponsored