My ticking ecobomb finally went boom

Status
Not open for further replies.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I dont know why there is even a term for it, im still old school, in my world we'd just say it detonated and broke, end of story. Keep it from detonating, it will live, simple as that. Im sure every one that has broke was from detonation, give it any name you want.
LSPI is a phenomenon that occurs in Direct-Injection engines and despite tons of research, car manufacturers still don't know for certain what causes it and how to totally prevent it.
It is detonation but it should not to be confused with the "traditional" detonation we all know about.
Sponsored

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I am old school also. I had a turbo 2.3 Mustang a little over 20 years ago. Installed a bigger cam, bigger values, and upgraded to a T3/T4 turbo.
Well, about after 500 miles from the build, changed the oil. Took the car on the interstate to see how fast I could go...5th gear and floored it...Well, I know this is going to be a surprise...It was a a big cloud of black smoke... Detonation :headbonk:I just blew the engine. The number one piston looked like it was melted. I should of took some pictures. Of course, I did not have my iphone then...
My 1st car was a 340 Plymouth Duster, I detonated it death as well, I was 16 YO, didnt know what pinging was, my friend took the engine apart and it had a melted piston. He said I was a dummy, should of heard it. Lucky the ecoboost pulls timing out when they detonate or they'd all be broke LOL. I torched quite a few blocks back in the day when we had to use carbs on turbos. Detonation is a MF

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
so at least 4 voodoos go boom on this forum, A much higher percentage both on this forum and world wide and everyone is ok.

6 out of god only knows how many tens of thousands of ecoboosts pop and everyone looses their minds.

Every story of an ecoboost going boom on here, The driver was taking his grandma out for a Sunday drive with an egg taped to the accelerator to avoid pushing it too hard.:rolleyes:

Obviously the were doing it wrong.
I guess it's a good thing I drive it like I stole it. Discovered the speed limiter on the drive home from the port.

The EB is like that slutty girl you knew in school, Gotta treat 'em mean to keep 'em keen.

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
so at least 4 voodoos go boom on this forum, A much higher percentage both on this forum and world wide and everyone is ok.

6 out of god only knows how many tens of thousands of ecoboosts pop and everyone looses their minds.

Every story of an ecoboost going boom on here, The driver was taking his grandma out for a Sunday drive with an egg taped to the accelerator to avoid pushing it too hard.:rolleyes:

Obviously the were doing it wrong.
I guess it's a good thing I drive it like I stole it. Discovered the speed limiter on the drive home from the port.

The EB is like that slutty girl you knew in school, Gotta treat 'em mean to keep 'em keen.
I'm with you. I drive mine hard. Give me a gap in traffic that allows a pull thru at least the next gear and it gets run down like I'm making a pass at the Motorplex. I used up a gallon and a half of boost juice inside of a tank of gas once I got my meth kit online. I love my daily driven, ticking EcoBomb. And if it does go BOOM then it'll be the excuse I need to get a built motor and I'll be on my way to making big power.

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I'm with you. I drive mine hard. Give me a gap in traffic that allows a pull thru at least the next gear and it gets run down like I'm making a pass at the Motorplex. I used up a gallon and a half of boost juice inside of a tank of gas once I got my meth kit online. I love my daily driven, ticking EcoBomb. And if it does go BOOM then it'll be the excuse I need to get a built motor and I'll be on my way to making big power.
That meth kit is deffinately in my future.

Edit: and I just saw you have the Vargas stage 2 on order. I hate you right now. #jealousy

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Meth is awesome I picked up almost 40whp with it!!!! It will go well with my stage 2 as well.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
And guess who else includes trans tuning with their base price ;)
Every tuner, including myself. When you offer lifetime tuning for future setups (nobody else does) you need to have further transmission tuning covered as well. I tweak and tweak and tweak until the customer is happy. Everyone else has a set baseline for transmissions they apply and won't make changes.

Just ask the many, many, MANY of customers that were using other devices and had to switch to a Cobb to get the car to shift as they wanted. Other devices have the ability but some tuners do not.

Included in a tune ARE transmission changes, about 20 tables worth, but if you want more to go along with your lifetime tune there is the ability to do so.

Sample Set - 461 and counting.

TunaFish15

2017 SRT Challenger owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6.4L Mustang Eater
Indeed! I treat my EB and my current, girlfriend of the week, equally mean. :amen:

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Every tuner, including myself. When you offer lifetime tuning for future setups (nobody else does) you need to have further transmission tuning covered as well. I tweak and tweak and tweak until the customer is happy. Everyone else has a set baseline for transmissions they apply and won't make changes.

Just ask the many, many, MANY of customers that were using other devices and had to switch to a Cobb to get the car to shift as they wanted. Other devices have the ability but some tuners do not.

Included in a tune ARE transmission changes, about 20 tables worth, but if you want more to go along with your lifetime tune there is the ability to do so.

Come back when you do over 100 a month...:lol:

Sponsored

ThirtyThreePointThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 White EcoBoost AT
Come back when you do over 100 a month...:lol:
Can't tell if trolling Adam or possibly trolling Livernois based on recent threads lol

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic

Damndave

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
I find it pretty humorous how all the tuners are jumping saying "it's not ours', "our tunes are completely safe" and so on. lol :)
Do you own an ecoboost? Or you just come to this forum because you are bored or curious??

paullyd210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
A ticking time bomb ;)

(461*175)^2+sin(140*150)+cos(249*75)+sqrt(45*100)= $$$$

damn I'm in the wrong profession.
calculating.gif

Status