Sponsored

How did you decide which S/C to go with?

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Yeah, the meth injection actually made me lose power lol
But prevents detonation, running rich (which is why you lost power. Be careful not to run lean on high RPM. You'll fry those pistons and rings).
Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
To OP;
*Personally*, I find TT the best F/I of all. Next would be PD (like Whipple or KB).

You should keep an eye on this kit coming up by BoostWorks.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49047
this. its around the same price as their KB kit as well. the testing will be this weekend.
KB most expensive? you need to price it with boostworks dude. compared to some of the other vendors i could get it installed for cheaper than the alternatives.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Went with Whipple because of the Power out of the box and the Whipple tune is spot on from all the Whipple tuned guys.

Besides great customer service from Whipple, I got a great deal from [MENTION=10008]LethalPerformance[/MENTION] for my full kit.

After reading from these guys experience through out the year made me go Whipple. =)

Sponsored

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
I'm losing my mind reading about all the options here. At first I though I wanted KB 3.2, then Whipple, and even VMP in in the running. How did you all decide??????????????

Whipple seems to be popular, only con i have there is it seems to be like my Street Glide, everybody has one....I know there is a reason for that, but I am just mentioning it.

KB seems to be the least common, and the most expensive setup.

VMP seems to have a good reputation, and has fast cars, but so does every other one I mentioned. I need to research more........

I want a fast car. I want to be somewhat safe, but I don't want to spend all that money and have Grandma safety either. 100% I want 700RWP. Just curious as to what sold some of you actual customers on one or the other. Thanks!
I'd say procharger or whipple. TT is nice but super expensive. the procharger kits are doing really well on pump. I haven't seen anyone really pushing the whipple into the same realm as the procharger power. then again dyno numbers are all subjective so base it on how far you want to push your stock motor go from there

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
KB seems to be the least common, and the most expensive setup.
Eh, for what you get apples to apples I got my KB about a grand cheaper than what I could've gotten from Whipple. I had a better experience with Travis from Boostworks just trying to get information than any whipple vendor.
They all had something negative to say about the KB systems. Travis seemed to be open and very honest and still spoke highly of the Whipple.

Overall, i'm very happy with my setup. Right at 700whp on a pretty conservative 93 octane tune.

OP
OP

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
TT I thought about, but I hear that TT cars seem to have many more issues than SC cars. Much more difficult to dial in, heat problems. I just do not want to break new ground here either with a brand new system as the kinks get worked out.

Things are much more real as I comment today as I bought a 15 Gt premium last night so I am itching to get things moving ASAP. I will not be installing myself so part of the equation will be a good installer in Southern NJ also. Tuning, I have read enough to figure out which way to go on my own unless I go Whipple. Then I would use their tune.

Fell free to PM me as I know pricing is not allowed in here. I see people say this one is cheaper than the other, and then when I check the sites myself, things look much different. For Example, VMP stage II with everything needed looked no cheaper than any other system on my list. I do get that there are some forum discounts, and also negotiations to be done too.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
a few grand less? the stage 3 is almost exactly the same as a whipple kit
With the forum discount I paid $7650 shipped. The equivalent whipple kit is pushing 10grand, not to mention the whipple kit ain't going mid 10's at 134 with the supplied whipple tune that is on more boost/3.625 pulley.

Sponsored

bklynpanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Hypermotive.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
With the forum discount I paid $7650 shipped. The equivalent whipple kit is pushing 10grand, not to mention the whipple kit ain't going mid 10's at 134 with the supplied whipple tune that is on more boost/3.625 pulley.
That's not a bad price at all for the vmp. Thankfully I pre-ordered my Whipple kit before it was released:headbang: Mine was less than the vmp kit.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Hypermotive.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yep, once you add the upgraded throttle body (VMP comes with twin 67's), upgraded dual fan kit (VMP comes with dual fans) the kit is still $1000 more, and that's with the whipple supplied tune, which aint going faster then my VMP setup on less boost. Lethal's prices out at $9785 unless you're Johnny on the spot during rare/infrequent holiday discounting and you're ok with waiting a few weeks for shipping. When I tried to order a Whipple last April no one would budge off of their pricing, saved $2000.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
That's not a bad price at all for the vmp. Thankfully I pre-ordered my Whipple kit before it was released:headbang: Mine was less than the vmp kit.
Was it apples to apples? Upgraded throttle body, upgraded cooling, custom dyno tune included with an SCT/NGauge, 1000ID's, BAP, plugs? If so, you got lucky, most people are over $9800 for that pkg.

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
yep, once you add the upgraded throttle body (VMP comes with twin 67's), upgraded dual fan kit (VMP comes with dual fans) the kit is still $1000 more, and that's with the whipple supplied tune, which aint going faster then my VMP setup on less boost. Lethal's prices out at $9785 unless you're Johnny on the spot during rare/infrequent holiday discounting and you're ok with waiting a few weeks for shipping. When I tried to order a Whipple last April no one would budge off of their pricing, saved $2000.
I've come nowhere near that price when pricing out the whipple kit (its not the only thing ive priced, i'm the worst decision maker on the planet lol). Lethals at $1000 less than that just going through their website, the most recent quote I got from a vendor is almost identical to what you paid for the vmp and that's with all the upgrades (which I wont be getting). Like I said im not fanboying any particular kit just having a friendly discussion :thumbsup:
Sponsored