Sponsored

How did you decide which S/C to go with?

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
I'm losing my mind reading about all the options here. At first I though I wanted KB 3.2, then Whipple, and even VMP in in the running. How did you all decide??????????????

Whipple seems to be popular, only con i have there is it seems to be like my Street Glide, everybody has one....I know there is a reason for that, but I am just mentioning it.

KB seems to be the least common, and the most expensive setup.

VMP seems to have a good reputation, and has fast cars, but so does every other one I mentioned. I need to research more........

I want a fast car. I want to be somewhat safe, but I don't want to spend all that money and have Grandma safety either. 100% I want 700RWP. Just curious as to what sold some of you actual customers on one or the other. Thanks!
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
If I were to buy one, I would go with Whipple.
Easy to install, great customer service.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I'm losing my mind reading about all the options here. At first I though I wanted KB 3.2, then Whipple, and even VMP in in the running. How did you all decide??????????????

Whipple seems to be popular, only con i have there is it seems to be like my Street Glide, everybody has one....I know there is a reason for that, but I am just mentioning it.

KB seems to be the least common, and the most expensive setup.

VMP seems to have a good reputation, and has fast cars, but so does every other one I mentioned. I need to research more........

I want a fast car. I want to be somewhat safe, but I don't want to spend all that money and have Grandma safety either. 100% I want 700RWP. Just curious as to what sold some of you actual customers on one or the other. Thanks!
You will be happy with any of them. I wanted to go with a SC that was redisigned and Whipple was it. Whipple is a great kit and very efficient. I beat on mine on the dyno and never had issues with heatsoak. In a 93 degree dyno bay, all of my 7 pulls in 30 mins had arouns the same IAT2 temps. The IAT2s were 104 to 108 WOT for each pull. Damn thing pulls hard and that Whipple whine sounds like a jet lol.

OP
OP

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
You will be happy with any of them. I wanted to go with a SC that was redisigned and Whipple was it. Whipple is a great kit and very efficient. I beat on mine on the dyno and never had issues with heatsoak. In a 93 degree dyno bay, all of my 7 pulls in 30 mins had arouns the same IAT2 temps. The IAT2s were 104 to 108 WOT for each pull. Damn thing pulls hard and that Whipple whine sounds like a jet lol.
You are getting great power. What else is done to your car?

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
You are getting great power. What else is done to your car?
In regards to power:

Whipple kit with 132mm TB, fans and 3.625 pulley
1000cc FIC injectors
Kooks catless headers with full exhaust
JMS BAP
Mcleod RXT and flywheel
MGW shifter
3.31 gears
everything BMR makes lol
FRPP struts and shocks

Tuned by Ken Bjonnes:headbang:

I probably forgot a few things lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
In regards to power:

Whipple kit with 132mm TB, fans and 3.625 pulley
1000cc FIC injectors
Kooks catless headers with full exhaust
JMS BAP
Mcleod RXT and flywheel
MGW shifter
3.31 gears
everything BMR makes lol
FRPP struts and shocks

Tuned by Ken Bjonnes:headbang:

I probably forgot a few things lol.

Wow, I thought it was going to be easier than that! lol.....you Manual?

OP
OP

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
Yep, it is a manual. I will have track times soon.

Great, cannot wait to see it. I've been reading about the tunes also. You have definitely invested a ton in your car, and should need wings on it soon! Great job with it, and thanks!

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Great, cannot wait to see it. I've been reading about the tunes also. You have definitely invested a ton in your car, and should need wings on it soon! Great job with it, and thanks!
Thanks bro! Trap speed will be the best way to see how much power that I am making.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I chose a VMP TVS kit mostly because of their huge success with the 11-14 Coyote's. I knew I was getting a guaranteed 10 sec street car on pump gas/auto setup with a basic TVS kit on 11psi. The other benefits were cost, my Stg3 TVS kit was significantly cheaper then a whipple kit, the TVS was ready to ship, whereas the whipple kit there was a wait.

The good news is that you can't go wrong with any of them. If I had a manual, I'd go twin turbo, although it's hard to pass up the results/$ from Beefcakes Paxton 2200 combo. If you have an auto I'd go whipple as long as you have $8,000-10,000, or TVS if you want guaranteed results for a few grand less. (i enjoy stirring the pot occasionally, haha).

Also, I wouldn't get caught up in setting goals based on dyno numbers, dyno numbers are subjective, whereas trap speed is more definitive based on conditions. The most important thing is the tune, stick with the popular tuners from this forum and you'll be set.

Sponsored

Ruby red GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby red premium GT
I decided on a centri unit because I've never had one before.you can't go wrong with any of the 3 kits you mentioned.