Sponsored

Doors not locking with touch

MNDZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just got my car a week or two ago and everything's been great. Starting yesterday, whenever I touch the handle to lock the doors, nothing happens. I have to keep trying for about ten seconds and then it works. Unlocking is working fine. This happens with both doors. Anyone else have this happen?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Make sure you aren't close to the unlock sensors in the handle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP

MNDZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Make sure you aren't close to the unlock sensors in the handle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Yeah I'm definitely not. I'm only using one or two fingers extended to lock it like I've been doing the past week.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
For me I touch the top of the handle with the lines and that seems to lock it. Don't put your hand towards the inner part of handle.

OP
OP

MNDZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
For me I touch the top of the handle with the lines and that seems to lock it. Don't put your hand towards the inner part of handle.
Yeah I know. That's exactly what I've been doing and it worked fine until yesterday.

Sponsored

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
By any chance, do you have the Diode Dynamics LED side markers?

I know these cause interference with the proximity sensors

OP
OP

MNDZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
By any chance, do you have the Diode Dynamics LED side markers?

I know these cause interference with the proximity sensors
YES. I installed them yesterday! I was thinking that maybe they were the reason, but can't see why. Any solution besides removing them?

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Wow, let us know when u try taking them out. I was going to rule out a faulty handle since both were having trouble.

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YES. I installed them yesterday! I was thinking that maybe they were the reason, but can't see why. Any solution besides removing them?

It's an issue a lot of people have been encountering, including myself. Check the thread out for the side markers, there's an explanation for this. It's caused by the frequencies emitted by the LED somehow.

Shoot DiodeDynamics an e-mail, they'll help you with this. They're working on having this version re-done with shielded wires.

As well, here's their response:

Correct. That's probably an understatement!

We just tested 30 sets of them here at our facility. We have to get to the other side of our building to see any difference- through a lot of walls, about 100 feet. And then, both unlock and lock start to stop working because we're just too far away in general. However, we were able to replicate the exact issue of it not responding when the lights are on, but it was again from 100 feet away through walls, and when we tried to hit the button again, it would work randomly. Repeated with 30 sets, no "bad" ones, all worked with the lights on on our vehicle until we got to the other side of the building.

We then tried a number of changes to the circuit, including a full power draw to exactly match factory, huge capacitors to smooth the switching draw, and completely wrapping the driver units in foil to block any RF signals, with no success or difference at all. Again though, really difficult to tell because we were communicating via phones from one side of the building to the other. Kind of ridiculous.

At this point we strongly suspect that there are differences in the susceptibility- or vulnerability to RF signals- in specific vehicles. We are going to dig deeper into the problem and make sure our driver design is 100% radio silent. It's relatively low power, and nothing is wrong with the design in general, so it shouldn't have been causing any problems from the get-go. And we certainly don't experience any issue at all in our 15 Ecoboost.

Of course, if your battery is low in your remote, you'll probably have more issues (just like you would in general with your battery getting low), but that's the only thing we can say for sure.

Anyway, anyone who is experiencing difficulties, please continue to email us. This is not a cut and dry fix, pretty complicated, but we will find a fix for those having trouble. Thanks!
Right now the best solution is to remove them and install the factory lights.

OP
OP

MNDZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Damn that sucks. I love how they look.
Thanks for the replies though and figuring it out so quickly.

Sponsored

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess if you take it apart and wrap the inside with RFID proof tape, it should work in theory

Slyfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 2015 mustang
Damn that sucks. I love how they look.
Thanks for the replies though and figuring it out so quickly.

Call them and they will send you a new revised set

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost

a very, very smart man told me one time:

"If it was working, and now it isnt, what changed?"

sure, things can fail - BUT, we must be aware of the things we change as well.

OP
OP

MNDZA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
a very, very smart man told me one time:

"If it was working, and now it isnt, what changed?"

sure, things can fail - BUT, we must be aware of the things we change as well.
Haha yeah, but I would never imagine changing bulbs would affect the remote locking system.

Stangman21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2016 Premium
HHmm, I wasn't aware of this issue until seeing this thread. Now I recall there were times when I thought I locked my car the same way (thumb print on lined grooves on handle) and find it wasn't locked. I too have the switchbacks kits. I lock my car the same way and never take out my keys. I love that part of the Mustang! But now I might consider taking out my switchbacks. Oh well. They were nice while it lasted.
Sponsored