Sponsored

Diode Dynamics S550 Mustang Rear LED Side Markers Are Here!

What type of lens do you prefer?

• Red

Votes: 74 33.9%
  • Smoked

Votes: 110 50.5%
  • Clear

Votes: 34 15.6%

• Total voters

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I just installed mine too, same issue :(

I only replaced the reverse with LED, as well as the trunk and map lights. Nothing else.

Never had any issues until this install... Taking them back off now.

Any solution yet?
Sponsored

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
I tried using the fob to lock it from about 25 feet away and it worked. Also started from in my house about 50 feet away and it worked. I see a lot of you have the premium model, maybe there is something with the electronics in that package and the sidemarkers that isn't playing nice?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I tried using the fob to lock it from about 25 feet away and it worked. Also started from in my house about 50 feet away and it worked. I see a lot of you have the premium model, maybe there is something with the electronics in that package and the sidemarkers that isn't playing nice?
I have the premium and it's working fine.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Mine is a base model.

Jeremy

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I have the premium and it's working fine.
Same here
Going to be a diagnostic head scratcher for sure it sounds like...

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I haven't installed mine yet but might knock it out today. I'll post results if there are any changes. I also have a premium.

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
Tested the remote from my office at work. On the 4th floor, about 200ft away. Remote worked...if the common thing isn't premium maybe it's some other option? Maybe some of them are just defective, who knows.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
[MENTION=20738]ponie1992[/MENTION]

Sorry to hear about the trouble here.

Having worked here for 5 years along side Raxiom on a few different things I do know that they both manufacture parts themselves along with partnering with other to produce their line of lights and tech.

I did confirm that in this case Raxiom did work with the team at DD and I'm more than happy to have these replaced or sent back here for a refund in the interim if you'd like just shoot me another PM with your order info and we can go from there.

Alex

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Same here
Going to be a diagnostic head scratcher for sure it sounds like...
Correct. That's probably an understatement!

We just tested 30 sets of them here at our facility. We have to get to the other side of our building to see any difference- through a lot of walls, about 100 feet. And then, both unlock and lock start to stop working because we're just too far away in general. However, we were able to replicate the exact issue of it not responding when the lights are on, but it was again from 100 feet away through walls, and when we tried to hit the button again, it would work randomly. Repeated with 30 sets, no "bad" ones, all worked with the lights on on our vehicle until we got to the other side of the building.

We then tried a number of changes to the circuit, including a full power draw to exactly match factory, huge capacitors to smooth the switching draw, and completely wrapping the driver units in foil to block any RF signals, with no success or difference at all. Again though, really difficult to tell because we were communicating via phones from one side of the building to the other. Kind of ridiculous.

At this point we strongly suspect that there are differences in the susceptibility- or vulnerability to RF signals- in specific vehicles. We are going to dig deeper into the problem and make sure our driver design is 100% radio silent. It's relatively low power, and nothing is wrong with the design in general, so it shouldn't have been causing any problems from the get-go. And we certainly don't experience any issue at all in our 15 Ecoboost.

Of course, if your battery is low in your remote, you'll probably have more issues (just like you would in general with your battery getting low), but that's the only thing we can say for sure.

Anyway, anyone who is experiencing difficulties, please continue to email us. This is not a cut and dry fix, pretty complicated, but we will find a fix for those having trouble. Thanks!

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
One other thing- depending on how long you've had your vehicle, you might try replacing your keyfob battery. it is a standard CR2032 coin cell. NOT saying this is the recommended solution, but if you think your remote's battery might be low anyway, you might try it. As I said, our keyfob worked just fine for over 100 feet through walls, and it's a pretty fresh battery since our Mustang is not a daily.

If anyone does try it, let us know if that changes anything!

Sponsored

WatchSquid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
93 Reef Blue Mustang convertible
Installed mine today. I AM impressed. Love the new look.

tjo1186

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang GT
Smoked LED

Put mine in Saturday. Love the new look. Really blends in with black cars. Such a subtle change but for me just looks amazing.
image.jpg

tjo1186

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mustang GT
One more

It didn't upload on the previous post for some reason
image.jpg

Slyfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 2015 mustang
I have no problem with my Fob, I walked over 3/4 a block away and it still locked and unlocked my car. Guess i'm one of the lucky ones

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Just tried my key fob again from in my office at work, has to be over 150 feet+ and worked. Locking and unlocking...
Sponsored