Sponsored

Official Resonator Delete Thread

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I am wondering, do you lose some of the deep low frequency, that deep v8 sound, in exchange for a higher pitch sound?

Yesterday I them removed. AMAZING!!! I thought the car was loud and crisp before...very clean, crisp, raspy sound. I recommend doing this to all gt350's. On a side note, I did contact Ford to see if it would void any warranty. They said it would not.
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
How did you want it to sound, and how are you going to do it? Get rid of the rasp? Whole new exhaust system?

On a side note, on the E46 M3, a lot of people hated the rasp to the point where companies(or 1, don't recall) made a rasp eliminator pipe.
Its no where near that raspy and the rasp only really comes into play when you first load the engine and then subsides higher in the rev range. I bought an external mic to try to get some better quality sound clips

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Its no where near that raspy and the rasp only really comes into play when you first load the engine and then subsides higher in the rev range. I bought an external mic to try to get some better quality sound clips
Wasn't a fan of the rasp on the old M3s, but on the GT350, the exhaust sounds like absolute heaven. If all I have to do is remove resonators to enhance that, then it's a no brainer.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I have given 5 or so coworkers rides in mine with resonators, they, and everyone else that has heard it outside of my mother absolutely loved it. Resonators will be coming off soon.

FYI my mother has told me that pretty much every car I have owned needed a muffler, even now that I am over 40. Some things never change.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
How did you want it to sound, and how are you going to do it? Get rid of the rasp? Whole new exhaust system?
I like the long tube header sound clips I've heard so far, although a few of them have been a bit raspy as well. Ford tried to make this engine sound like the traditional American V8 because they thought Mustang owners would want that. Maybe most do, but since this is most definitely NOT a traditional American V8, I'm of the mind that it shouldn't try to mimic the sound of one.

Like I said earlier, just making it louder isn't the sound I'm looking for. It's one of those kinds of things where I'll know it when I hear it. :)

Sponsored

TxShelby350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 TP
Yeah its even louder on cold starts since the valves open momentarily. My garage is set back about 100ft from the sidewalk and it set off my neighbors car alarm across the street. Ive considered starting it with the garage door closed if it becomes a problem. But man I love to push the red button.
This makes me ridiculously happy to read. Mine is due in any day and this will be the first mod done!!!

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I like the long tube header sound clips I've heard so far, although a few of them have been a bit raspy as well. Ford tried to make this engine sound like the traditional American V8 because they thought Mustang owners would want that. Maybe most do, but since this is most definitely NOT a traditional American V8, I'm of the mind that it shouldn't try to mimic the sound of one.

Like I said earlier, just making it louder isn't the sound I'm looking for. It's one of those kinds of things where I'll know it when I hear it. :)

Same here.. Not a fan of very loud with rasp. I think the catless longtubes with magnaflows would sound good. But I won't pay magnaflow that ridiculous amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Rasp is like drone ... very subjective. What's rasp to one guy is not rasp to the other. I don't feel like the exhaust is raspy with or without the resonator really. Nothing like the BMW rasp. The exhaust without the resonators has more of a staccato note to it and is more violent. Again 'I' wouldn't call it rasp. :love:

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Basically it's going to sound like the R, so I guess if you like the sound of the R, cut them out and if you want it toned down, leave them in :shrug:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
violent is a good word, the car sounds very very angry

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Rasp is like drone ... very subjective. What's rasp to one guy is not rasp to the other. I don't feel like the exhaust is raspy with or without the resonator really. Nothing like the BMW rasp. The exhaust without the resonators has more of a staccato note to it and is more violent. Again 'I' wouldn't call it rasp. :love:

Yes for stock headers with stock cats. The stock exhaust has very little rasp with no resonators compared to with.

Now remove the cats and you'll truly hear was rasp is all about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
This makes me ridiculously happy to read. Mine is due in any day and this will be the first mod done!!!
I'm telling you...when I start the car when it's cold I have to warn people who are anywhere near the car otherwise it scares the crap out of them.

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
violent is a good word, the car sounds very very angry
Exactly how it should've come. I try to start mine up in the morning while the garage door is opening as to offset the sound but its still pretty loud.

It does sound mean/angry now. 0-6000rpm's is where i notice on the sound, above that it sounds kind of the same as equipped w/ resonators.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Exactly how it should've come. I try to start mine up in the morning while the garage door is opening as to offset the sound but its still pretty loud.

It does sound mean/angry now. 0-6000rpm's is where i notice on the sound, above that it sounds kind of the same as equipped w/ resonators.
I do this too and the initial bark is extremely loud with resonators in a closed 2 car garage. I really got to hear an R or Track Pack with deletes in person. Based off experiences here I would probably love it.
Sponsored