Sponsored

Vmp gen 2 install into 2015 questions. They closed, need someone who's done it.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
How does the act connect? The old way of tapping into computer came with kit but roush install instructions don't detail it. Vmp sent old harness with ends to tap into pcm. Is that what is supposed to be used? Roush says something about plugs behind the heads but there's nothing in the kit to do that.

Secondly, where did you mount the IC pump?
Sponsored

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Got any pics? I installed a roush maybe I can help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No pics and I came in.

It's the sensor on the passenger side lower Intake (about midway, next to fuel rail). What did you do with it and it's wires.

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Can't answer that i don't remember the roush having to do that .. The IC pump on the roush mounted on the passenger front lower body pinch rail I had to drill 2 holes

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK thanks. Being as it's vmp not roush, even though they share a lot of things, there are differences. I mounted mine on a bracket on drivers side where horns are. Bad to move the horns.

Got in tough with vmp (even though it's a weekend!) and got an answer. I do have the wrong wire connection. They gonna get the right one out to me tomorrow.

Sponsored

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
OK thanks. Being as it's vmp not roush, even though they share a lot of things, there are differences. I mounted mine on a bracket on drivers side where horns are. Bad to move the horns.

Got in tough with vmp (even though it's a weekend!) and got an answer. I do have the wrong wire connection. They gonna get the right one out to me tomorrow.

Glad you got it figured out![emoji469]

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Guess I haven't been paying attention, didn't know you were going SC'd [MENTION=7517]SVTFreak[/MENTION].

Looking forward to the results!

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guess I haven't been paying attention, didn't know you were going SC'd [MENTION=7517]SVTFreak[/MENTION].

Looking forward to the results!

I never once said it was my car....

But yeah. Several things delayed the original plan, including finishing my factory five roadster, building a shop and equipping it (100 amp service, full air piping and real compressor, welding outlets, water, cabinets, work benches, 110 feet of driveway and pad for washing cars etc) get expensive! Plus refinishing baby girls room. It all delayed the original plan for LE -#275 for awhile. But finally got around to getting it done the way I envisioned and building what ford hasn't but I want.
Sponsored