TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
I got my MGW Shifter installed yesterday and I literally can't wait to just drive around with the top down.
Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350

Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
30 may not be a show stopper

But 70 is definitely much more enjoyable.
IMG_9375.JPG

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
And

This too!
IMG_9360.jpg

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
I have been thinking of doing the R steering wheel with my Redline interior too.. Guess I will be, lol.

Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
You Might like it

I have been thinking of doing the R steering wheel with my Redline interior too.. Guess I will be, lol.
The suede like feel of Alcantara combined with the easy clean up of vinyl is hard to beat. I just like how it feels, and it feels the same no matter hot or cold outside. Its a win win.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
The suede like feel of Alcantara combined with the easy clean up of vinyl is hard to beat. I just like how it feels, and it feels the same no matter hot or cold outside. Its a win win.
How much work to put it in? Looks pretty straight forward and looks fantastic!

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
I was worried....

How much work to put it in? Looks pretty straight forward and looks fantastic!
About the Air Bag, I pulled the negative battery cable waited a half hour then got started. The hardest part was getting the 3mm allen on the spring arm and pushing it in. Once you get that done on one side it's easier on the other.

Now you are holding the horn button/airbag in your hand and there are three connectors on the back. The black one has a red insert, pull that out a bit and you can unlock that connector. The two clockpsring connectors are yellow with an orange square on top. Pull up the orange square and that unlocks those connectors. One has a black body remember that.

Put the horn/airbag aside in a safe place. Now you are looking at the wheel innards. get your 24mm socket ready but first you need to pull the main connector at the very top of the center. it is the master that connects all the wheel inner wiring to the car. It is a simple locking tang unit. push down the tang and the connector comes loose. Once that is done take off the 24mm nut and the wheel is off. Ta Daaa!

The rest of the install is pretty simple you use the Torx drivers to disassemble the switches and unplug them, then take off the chrome covers. If you have an Automatic car you will need to pull the rear cover (with the wiring) off and swap that with the new wheel. After that is simply putting the covers and switches back on and connecting them. Then setting the wheel in place and screwing down the 24mm nut.

Have fun..and don't be surprised if the torx screws are tighter than the 24mm nut.

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
Great day at today's Mustang meet in Southern California :thumbsup:
image.jpg

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
potential preview of a new mod.. still unsure on color or if i'm even going to put it on.

Pictures are of it as it came out of the box.

Worked on it for a few hours today, cleaning it up for painting.

Threw a bunch of coats of Plastidip on it before I left home tonight for another engagement so I can mock it up on the car in a solid black, etc.

Thinking about putting it on the car with just double sided tape so i can see if I like it/want it on the car. If I do, I'll have it professionally painted.

Over the weekend I also did dip the lower bumper valence to be black. Didn't bother to take any pictures though.
2016-02-19 14.29.43.jpg
2016-02-19 14.31.03.jpg
Sponsored