It’s been almost five long years since we first heard about the next-generation Shelby GT500 and Ford Motor Company has finally pulled the covers off the 2020 GT500 Mustang!
At the heart of the new GT500 is a 5.2-liter V8 engine with Eaton 5.2-liter V8 Engine with Eaton 2.65-liter Supercharger, producing over 700 horsepower and powering the vehicle to mid-3 second 0-60 mph and sub-11 second quarter mile capabilities.
As we reported more than a year ago, the 2020 GT500 comes with a segment-first Tremec 7-speed dual clutch transmission capable of shifts in under 100 milliseconds.
Here’s a rundown of the specifications below. You can check inside for the full list of which you can find in our forums with full-resolution photos and videos!
PERFORMANCE & EXTERIOR:
- Capable of mid-3 second 0-60 mph and sub-11 second quarter mile times
- Tremec 7-speed dual clutch transmission capable of shifts in under 100 milliseconds
- Drive modes: Normal, Weather, Sport, Drag, Track
- 20×11-inch front wheels / 20×11.5-inch rear wheels
- Custom Ford Performance-spec Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires or more aggressive Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires
- Massive 16.5” two-piece SHW rotors and Brembo 6-piston fixed calipers (20% more swept area than GT350’s)
- Next-gen active MagneRide suspension
- Two handling packages:
- Handling Package includes adjustable strut top mounts and spoiler with Gurney flap
- Carbon Fiber Track Package features rear seat delete, exposed 20-inch carbon fiber wheels with 0.5-inch wider rear wheels (11.5-inch), custom Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, adjustable exposed carbon fiber GT4 track wing and splitter wickers with integrated dive plane
- Double front grille opening allows 50-percent more cooling pack airflow than GT350
- Massive 31×28-inch louvered hood vent features removable aluminum rain tray for better air extraction and increased downforce
- Available exposed carbon fiber instrument panel applique
- New door panel inserts in Dark Slate Miko suede with accent stitching
- Available Recaro racing seats with firm side bolstering and pass throughs for safety harnesses
- Available power-adjustable seating with Miko suede inserts
- 12-inch full color LCD instrument cluster
- 12-speaker Bang & Olufsen premium audio system
- 80-inch SYNC 3 touch screen
- Red Hot
- Twister Orange
- ICONIC SILVER
- Painted stripes available
Here it is! The 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang! Next Post:
M6G’s Live Photos of the 2020 GT500 Reveal from Detroit