Sponsored

US Mustang in the UK

Jerry_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3
Hi All, I have recently acquired a US spec 2015 Mustang 2.3 with sync2, and am trying to make some modifications with Forscan which I'm not entirely sure are possible. I have changed the RDS from US to Europe, but this doesn't seem to make any difference to the stations available. For example, Capital Radio here in the UK broadcasts on 95.8 FM, but the radio will still only tune to 95.7 or 95.9 after the change. I have also enabled DAB, but it will not find any broadcasts, and does not show in the entertainment options, however it still shows an option for Sirius which is not available here. It occurred to me that I might have to change the country code in the 'as built' section (ACM 554B?), but when I attempted to make this change it reported a checksum error, so I decided not to write the change in case I messed something up. So my questions are: 1, is the country code correct, and should I just ignore the error message? 2, Will making this change replace the Sirius option with DAB? Another thing that puzzled me is that there seem to be several options to enable features that I don't think the car was built with. For example, I have the option to enable automatic wipers, adaptive cruise control and many other features for which I don't think the hardware is actually on the car, whereas other options are shown as not available as you would expect. I am also confused by some of the options, the ability to switch the reverse camera from US spec to European for one. What possible difference can this make? There are also multiple settings for locks, but no explanation of any of them. I think what I need is a complete list of all options with a complete explanation of each, but such a thing doesn't seem to exist. I have found a few spreadsheets online, but these are by no means complete, maybe I'm not looking in the right places. Sorry if I am overlooking something that should be obvious, but I'm new to this idea of tinkering with settings and parameters, cars were so much simpler when I was a lad!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jerry_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3
OK, I have answered some of my own questions when I went ahead and ignored the checksum error warning, but now I have other issues. I successfully changed the country code to UK, enabled RDS Europe and changed the tuner type from single to double. Now the radio will tune to UK FM stations, but the station ID is not shown on the screen. I'm not too worried about that, but it would be nice if it functioned as it should. It's still not finding any DAB stations. The bigger problem is that the steering wheel audio controls no longer function, so is there something I have missed? I did make some other changes, but I don't think they would affect them. I disabled the double honk, changed US gallons to UK and enabled USB2. Any ideas?

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I am interested if you enable the options not originally on the car.

OP
OP

Jerry_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3
I am interested if you enable the options not originally on the car.
I have restored the steering wheel audio controls, turns out it was changing the tuner type from single to dual that caused that issue. I had assumed that it needed to be set to dual to receive DAB broadcasts, but apparently not. Still need to figure that out. I have not yet tried to enable anything that the car clearly isn't equipped for, adaptive cruise control for example, as although I can probably change it back it would be just my luck to have the worst happen and screw something up. Obviously the same module is fitted to many vehicles as there are some functions that can be enabled that would only be available on a F150, and there is an option to enable Revel audio which I think was only ever fitted to Lincoln models, so I don't understand why they don't show as 'not available' as some other options do. The module 'knows' that it is in a Mustang so why does it not limit itself to only valid options? I'm still intrigued by some of the options though, as I cannot see what possible difference they can make or even how I would know. For example, I could change the setting for "climate strategy" from North America to Europe. What would that actually do? There is also the same option for the back up camera, and I can't see what possible difference that would make. Maybe I will start to experiment with some of the settings when I have gained a little more experience with Forscan, but for now I am concentrating on getting the radio set up with full RDS functions and hopefully DAB if that's possible.

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I fully understand caution, just curious if it will indeed make those options work

Sponsored

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
I could change the setting for "climate strategy" from North America to Europe
I don’t know much about this. But the European version has 444hp vs 460hp for the US. And 390 lb-ft vs 420 lb-ft.
I am not implying anything but since you have the US version, I would not change that setting.

OP
OP

Jerry_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3
I don’t know much about this. But the European version has 444hp vs 460hp for the US. And 390 lb-ft vs 420 lb-ft.
I am not implying anything but since you have the US version, I would not change that setting.
I don't think the "climate strategy" option is about emissions, more likely it affects heating and air con somehow. Exactly what it affects I don't know, maybe I'll change it at some point and see if I can establish exactly what it does.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
I think you might be right. Having been on tour buses abroad, half of the travelers want max AC (the Americans) and the other half complain about why it’s as cold as winter again (the Europeans)!
Sponsored