Sponsored

UK arrival of S650 Dark Horse

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
But as explained above, Euro 7 looks like it will make it impossible even if you can 'break in' initially as the car will just stop.
I’m sure someone will hack it though, disable all the crap and remap as usual. If all Fords are going this way, it’ll happen imo.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I’m sure someone will hack it though, disable all the crap and remap as usual. If all Fords are going this way, it’ll happen imo.
Absolutely not. It is requirement that OBM cannot be disabled and is encrypted. So even if you get into the ECU to remap you will not be able to defeat the OBM. You cannot disable OBM or the car will stop anyway.

Just because somebody in the US manages a remap (maybe), they will not have the OBM problem to deal with. Is anybody really going to bother to try and overcome that for the few Mustangs sold in Europe?

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely not. It is requirement that OBM cannot be disabled and is encrypted. So even if you get into the ECU to remap you will not be able to defeat the OBM. You cannot disable OBM or the car will stop anyway.

Just because somebody in the US manages a remap (maybe), they will not have the OBM problem to deal with. Is anybody really going to bother to try and overcome that for the few Mustangs sold in Europe?
Not specifically for the Mustang no, but if all fords go that way, absolutely they will. No doubt euro7 and even euro6 is an absolute crock of shit!

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Not specifically for the Mustang no, but if all fords go that way, absolutely they will. No doubt euro7 and even euro6 is an absolute crock of shit!
I don't have your confidence in that I'm afraid :frown:

At the end of the day the regs are there to try and stop the very thing you are talking about. If you homologate a car and then immediately change it, it really isn't right is it? It totally defeats the object of having those regs in the first place, which are there for a reason. You may not agree with that reason but if there were no Euro 1 - 7 we would still all be driving around in stinky over fuelled carb fed cars. Now if that was an AC Cobra maybe OK, but most cars are not and were universally pretty dreadful in the old days, if they started at all.

I am just incredibly grateful that I can still buy a V8 Mustang at all!

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Okay guys, here are the numbers. These are me eyeballing off of dyno sheets, so approximations. I have my stock Mach 1 and my ECU tuned Mach 1 with Kooks headers and cats. My car is A10. This was at MAP's dyno. I compare to a U.S. A10 Dark Horse with an H-pipe on Steeda's dyno. Steeda's dyno reads a little low versus other dynos. However, maybe that's good for us in that a UK Dark Horse is not going to put out what a U.S. Dark Horse puts out. I also include Steeda's chart of 4 A10 cars S550 GT and Mach 1, and S650 GT and Dark Horse. It's sort of how I expected. At high RPM, the stock Mach 1 and Dark Horse are similar. However, in the mid-range I pick up 50-60 ft-lb of torque at the wheels, which is a lot. I do hope the S650 becomes tunable in the UK. However, until I at least see a U.S. NA car tuned, I'm not ordering one. Then let's see if Wortec or MAP can tune it. Until then, I'm not giving up 60 ft-lb at 3,000.

1707072043996.png

1707072185579.png

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I see they have fitted a Whipple to a S650 making 800+ HP on pump gas, also see they raised the rev limiter so it could make even more power

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I see they have fitted a Whipple to a S650 making 800+ HP on pump gas, also see they raised the rev limiter so it could make even more power
I will watch the video at home. Is this the Whipple tune?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
But if that’s on a USDM / non GPF car, isn’t it non applicable to our market (if ecu is locked to the ford approved tune) ?

WD :like:

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
But if that’s on a USDM / non GPF car, isn’t it non applicable to our market (if ecu is locked to the ford approved tune) ?

Whipple have been working with Ford on these for some time, so I can see them being sold through dealerships etc etc. They didn’t crack it on their own!

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, but my point was, if it isn’t a Ford ‘UK’ whipple tune we are stuffed, the USDM Whipple tune is worthless to us.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I will watch the video at home. Is this the Whipple tune?
Yes, this is a U.S. Whipple factory tune. So, I'm not sure this will work in the UK, and for me who wants to stay NA, this is not a custom tune on a NA car. There is a bloke on my Facebook group who says there is a custom tuned NA S650 in the UK and he's going to see it next week. I'll report back with what he finds.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, this is a U.S. Whipple factory tune. So, I'm not sure this will work in the UK, and for me who wants to stay NA, this is not a custom tune on a NA car. There is a bloke on my Facebook group who says there is a custom tuned NA S650 in the UK and he's going to see it next week. I'll report back with what he finds.
The guy on Facebook didn't see the tuned car and said he's not sure it's for real now.
Sponsored