Sponsored

Perspective ecoboost buyer!!

DDDDDD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I drove a ecoboost mustang and the car is a great value but I did have some questions. I would be getting a base model with 101a equipment, auto tranny, 18 rims, no other options. Feel free to answer any or all questions, thanks!

The throttle response was jerky/twitchy at parking lot speeds. From what I read some people have even put the car in snow mode to smooth out the throttle response. I don't remember noticing it as much at highway speeds so is it more an issue at low speeds?!? Does the Ford Performance tune make the throttle response at lower speeds more smooth/progressive?

I like to use 87 octane because cheap. Is this a problem? Do people get about the same gas mileage with 87 versus 93 when driving non-aggressively?

Do the seats break in and get more comfortable? They are shaped sort of like race seats at the bottom and I don't really fit perfectly. I imagine the seats conform/flatten a bit with age?

I noticed the mirrors had a second blindspot mirror in the corner which makes me feel like I am seeing double. Is it possible to replace the mirror glass and blindspot with just a flat mirror?

In addition to installing a better Intercooler, and catch can, what else would I want to do for preventative upgrade/maintenance? I have seen somebody talking about screening out metal gear shavings from the oil but I don't know if that is really much of an issue, or even if it applies to the automatic.

Basically I want to know what to expect from the ecoboost stang as an owner. Thanks again!
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
if you get tuned, you need 91 minimum, 93 preferred for optimal power. - this goes for all tunes. ford perf requires premium, unless you are traveling across country, ford perf techs, said I can get away with tossing 87 in it, but baby'ing it til next gas station to put 93 back in it., stay out the boost, dont floor it, treat it like its going to explode kind of driving.

you will get the same MPG on 87 and 91 and 93, its just how much power you get during those same mpg's will be different.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
My seats are extremely comfy. You might just need more time adjusting and getting the lumbar support just right.

Once you get used to the blind spot mirrors in the corner they come in real handy. I'd give it a try before you look to replace them.

If you plan on having fun while driving the eco I'd try and strick with 91 Oct or higher. Yes it's fine on 87 but just because you can get away with it doesn't mean you should.
Sponsored