Replacement of PP shocks and struts

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Shoot me your email - I will put you in contact with our suspension team & the team that installs these - I am sure we can get you on track with a better ride quality than what you are experiencing.

Send to tim @ steeda

Thank you,

TJ
Will do! thank you, sir.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FUN2RIDEFAST

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running the FP track struts/dampers with Steeda minimum drop springs (part numbers are in my sig). It's a huge upgrade over the PP1 OEM parts. A 1/2" drop doesn't seem like much, but it really is all you need and it doesn't F'up the suspension geometry. The spring rate is perfectly balanced at 200 front and 800 rear. The reduced wheel gap looks great with PP1 OEM wheel sizes. No camber plates needed unless you need more camber for the track. Alternatively you can get the whole FP track kit for a little more money which comes with upgraded sway bars and pre-assembled struts. Supposed to be a 1" drop all around but ends up being slightly less in the real world from various reports.
Where do I find the part number for the minimum drop springs? Is this the animal?
Screenshot_20230106_172429_Chrome.jpg

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The progressives are the most popular spring we sell ... what feedback do you have to the switch?
TJ
I get the impression you sell a lot of progressives because most people don’t know what they want and you recommend a lot of progressives.

if someone calls in and says I don’t track but I want to lower my car, you’re going to match them with progressives, right?

but the progressives are like 1” or more drop and soft spring rates, so on realistic roads, there isnt much suspension travel and you’re going to be hitting bumpstops very easily and often. Also they’re so low you really need the geometry correction and bumpsteer fixes, so the steering is minda funny too.

realistically it would be better for people to be honestly told to accept that you can’t have your cake and eat it too and to use a spring with an increased rate for that much drop, and/or stick to a slightly higher ride height. So I feel like more people would be more happy if you (steeda, not you personally) recommended the linear and handling oriented springs more often. I actually like those spring offerings and have the DRs on my car ATM (but definitely those are too stiff for most), so I’m not hating on Steeda or some of Steeda’s other springs (just hatein on the progressives, and trend to send every casual customer directly to the kinda worst spring)

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Where do I find the part number for the minimum drop springs? Is this the animal?
Screenshot_20230106_172429_Chrome.jpg
That would be correct. If you scroll further down that page you should see 555 8223 as the part number. :like:

Sponsored

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
I get the impression you sell a lot of progressives because most people don’t know what they want and you recommend a lot of progressives.

if someone calls in and says I don’t track but I want to lower my car, you’re going to match them with progressives, right?

but the progressives are like 1” or more drop and soft spring rates, so on realistic roads, there isnt much suspension travel and you’re going to be hitting bumpstops very easily and often. Also they’re so low you really need the geometry correction and bumpsteer fixes, so the steering is minda funny too.

realistically it would be better for people to be honestly told to accept that you can’t have your cake and eat it too and to use a spring with an increased rate for that much drop, and/or stick to a slightly higher ride height. So I feel like more people would be more happy if you (steeda, not you personally) recommended the linear and handling oriented springs more often. I actually like those spring offerings and have the DRs on my car ATM (but definitely those are too stiff for most), so I’m not hating on Steeda or some of Steeda’s other springs (just hatein on the progressives, and trend to send every casual customer directly to the kinda worst spring)
I don't know...I read their spring guide and after considering what I wanted I made the choice. They didn't make it for me:

https://www.steeda.com/s550-mustang-spring-guide

I ended up adjusting my Pro Actions to compensate for the rougher pothole riddled streets that is Seattle. On smooth road and track it handles awesome, but I grimace every time I hit a hole in the street, but thanks to the adjustable Pro Actions I'm not hitting the bump stops.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Most of our orders are done online - they order via their research that they have done and the feedback/reviews speak to their popularity.

If they want to call and speak to our suspension experts - they will advised on the best spring that suits their vehicle. They are not just order takers - they are well versed in vehicle dynamics and suspension geometry. They don't just put them into Progressives - they speak to their driving, goals, etc.

We are here to assist and happy to help.

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
As mentioned, here is some of the research and feedback we offer -

Bones5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium 10 speed
I have the factory PP1 19x9.5 275/40s on all 4 corners with 25mm spacers BMR min drop springs FP track shocks. No issues up front. BMR min drop springs are the perfect drop for what I wanted

7ED51764-2245-459F-984C-A1260C14AB62.jpeg
How much is car lowered in the rear ?

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Maybe a little more than 1/2 inch. Here is a pic. Less than 2 fingers with a 275/40
Hope that helps

image.jpg
image.jpg
Sponsored