Sponsored

Removing scratches from glass?

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Hey all,

I was happily cruising around today when i felt the urge to look in my rear view mirror to check if any car was coming and, lo and behold, i noticed what seemed to be "fading" on my rear window.

I promptly pull over to examine and it becomes quite clear that somebody, for some unknown reason, decided to run something like sand paper on my window :shrug:. It looks like a lot of very superficial scratches that you cant feel to the touch.

I come here for help. I am planning on going to a safelite store tomorrow to see if they cant fix it. Did any of you ever encounter something like this? do you know how to fix the issue?
Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If they're very faint/light scratches/scuffs and you have a DA polisher you can polish glass like paint with compound/polish. See youtube for videos on it.

You're probably better off going to a detailer than safelite as I believe safelite only deals with cracks or filling deep scratches. There is nothing to fill if you cannot feel them with a fingernail. A detailer can probably polish it out if you don't have a DA at home.