Rear Shock Mount replacement

gthostface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mariah
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
I hit a pothole at 55mph and cracked my driver front and back rims and tires, upon my own inspection i had cracked the shock mount on the rear driver back. I recently replaced it with an aftermarket shock mount, but my car seems to be still leaning a bit. I dont have any knocking while driving, but am concerned with the leaning that this could potentially be a problem with the shock mount not being correct, or if i did not install all the proper things (if anything fell off while i hit the pothole). Any recommendations? This is the new one i just put on. This is a 2015 mustang premium GT convertible .

IMG_8147.jpeg

IMG_8144.jpeg
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The spring supports the car, not the shock. I'd look in the spring cup and see if a coil broke or something in the subframe mount got messed up.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
What ice445 said. You need to do a very thorough inspection of the entire suspension system front and rear. From the sound of it my bet is that you have a few bent or broken parts. One of the weakest links in the system are the roll bar end links. Take a 6" rule to the fronts and see if they are straight. The rears are very short and less susceptible to bending, but can.

The photo of the rear shock mount looks a bit out of whack. I believe that the shock should be much closer to perpendicular to the mount. Good luck with the inspection.
Sponsored