Sponsored

quick question about PP springs vs base springs

Heinoceros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
Ok, so i got the base GT. It was a string of questionable decisions that got me here, but i wont bore you with the details ( i was originally looking for a 2011 with the coyote, and it just spiraled out of control) .

I want the firmer ride of the PP. Dont need the brakes or radiator so much, i might pick up a strut tower brace once everyone putting blowers on thier cars start selling them. but back to the springs

I have read that the PP front springs are firmer, but that the back springs are the same. Have i read that wrong? does anyone know for sure that they are the same springs? I have acquired a full set of the PP springs, but dont want to change the back springs if i dont have to.

I will be looking for a set of PP anti-roll bars at some point, or i might just buy the steeda ones. but i expect the springs will be a noticeable improvement.
Sponsored

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I wouldn't buy any PP suspension parts unless they are take offs and money is the most important issue. Not that the PP stuff is bad it is quite good but not as good as what will eventually be coming from the aftermarket so why waste time and money on half measures. I would just hold my breath count to ten and not make any changes till next summer. It will be too hot to drive your car so you can tear it apart in your airconditioned garage and do a full swap. Springs, shocks, and maybe sway bars. If you do the right springs you won't need sway bars.

OP
OP

Heinoceros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
the PP springs were take offs from someone on this forum. They really are just a half measure until the summer is here and there are a larger array of parts available. I dont really want to lower the car yet, and i hate progressive springs, so PP springs are really all i can do right now. And it looks like changing 2015 front springs is pretty much identical to the 5th gen cars, so its a couple hours of time. The rears are way different obviously with the IRS, but why bother if they are the same part. I know i should wait, but the car is so close to perfect, it just needs to be a little firmer..

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't buy any PP suspension parts unless they are take offs and money is the most important issue. Not that the PP stuff is bad it is quite good but not as good as what will eventually be coming from the aftermarket so why waste time and money on half measures. I would just hold my breath count to ten and not make any changes till next summer. It will be too hot to drive your car so you can tear it apart in your airconditioned garage and do a full swap. Springs, shocks, and maybe sway bars. If you do the right springs you won't need sway bars.
+1

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
FWIW, I just drew up some springs that we will be offering, that will basically be close to the PP Rates...but drop the car down just a tad.

I think it will be a very popular spring. I think I am even going to call it a "Performance" Spring.

;)

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I should add...the PP has completely different springs.

The PP Rear Sway Bar is larger, but the fronts are the same size.

The PP Rear shocks are also MUCH stiffer than the base GT......so that is a solid indicator that if you are going to go with upgraded suspension out back, rear dampers may also be a good idea.

These cars are awesome. I have learned so much about these things already, I am forgetting stuff. lol

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Ok, so i got the base GT. It was a string of questionable decisions that got me here, but i wont bore you with the details ( i was originally looking for a 2011 with the coyote, and it just spiraled out of control) .

I want the firmer ride of the PP. Dont need the brakes or radiator so much, i might pick up a strut tower brace once everyone putting blowers on thier cars start selling them. but back to the springs

I have read that the PP front springs are firmer, but that the back springs are the same. Have i read that wrong? does anyone know for sure that they are the same springs? I have acquired a full set of the PP springs, but dont want to change the back springs if i dont have to.

I will be looking for a set of PP anti-roll bars at some point, or i might just buy the steeda ones. but i expect the springs will be a noticeable improvement.
Congrats on the new car, if you're looking for a firmer ride, our linear 2015 Sport Springs are 25% stiffer than the PP springs.

Either way, keep us updated!

OP
OP

Heinoceros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
Thanks guys, that is exactly the information i needed. And i am sure this is not the first time you guys have heard this, but i think it is incredible that both of your companies are so active on this forum. I am sure i will be buying a whole new setup this summer when i figure out where i want to go with this car, and it is very reassuring to see how interactive you guys are with the members here.

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
The rear springs are very easy to change. Changed mine this past weekend
Sponsored