MagneticGT76

MagneticGT76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
It looks great outside you’d never be able to tell the only part that bothers me is the transition from the top fender to the hood
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It looks great outside you’d never be able to tell the only part that bothers me is the transition from the top fender to the hood
Does it change in different angles of viewing? It should with most metallic paints (and I assume Magnetic is no different). As someone else mentioned, if the paint on the hood has a few years on it, it’ll be tough to get it exactly right but it should be super close. Otherwise, have them blend into the hood. But that might open up a whole other can of worms…

OP
OP
MagneticGT76

MagneticGT76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Yes I was thinking for them to blend the hood but like you said could cause more issues …. I pick it up 4 days ago does the paint color change over time ?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yes I was thinking for them to blend the hood but like you said could cause more issues …. I pick it up 4 days ago does the paint color change over time ?
As far as I know, it does do not. I will say that paint/clear done at a shop does take longer to cure since they don’t have the big ovens like the factory does. But that likely won’t affect the appearance of the paint much. I’d also suggest looking at it in the garage with the lights on then get a flashlight or detailing light. Get close to the panels and shine the light on it. Go back and forth and see if there’s any major differences, kind of like looking for swirl marks. If it wasn’t mixed properly, you’ll see it looking at it that way.

Eventually the sun will start to do its thing but if you keep the paint protected with a sealant or coating, that won’t happen for quite a while.

If it’s bothering you, I’d go back and talk to your paint shop.
Sponsored