DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
That
Hello; Trying to recall if i modified the pump system. I have a collection bottle which holds about a quart. Do not recall if it came with the pump. My pump is electric running off 12 volts. I attach the leads to the battery. I can look at the pump and get a mfg name and model if you wish.
If you could let me know, That would be great. Thank you
Sponsored

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
I use a hand-pump Mity-Vac. Mostly for bleeding brakes.

https://www.skf.com/mityvac

I doubt that an overfill of a few millimeters on the dipstick will harm anything. The coyote tends to use a little oil normally anyway and I'll bet that some of it will end up in your catch can. I'd just drive it or if you must, partially loosen the oil plug like DonnieO suggested. Simplest solution if you don't mind crawing under the car.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Did a quick search ta Northern Tools. Found what I am pretty sure is the pump I use. Boy, the prices are up. I must have made a catch jug myself.

Ironton 12 Volt Oil Extractor Pump | Northern Tool
Everything in the last 3 years has almost doubled. I just checked Milwaukee 1/4 inch drive ratchet, it is almost double what it was when I last.checked on the 2 years ago. Yikes

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
4-6MM??? That's nothing. Bet if you check it COLD it will be where it is supposed to be DRIVE ON GRASSHOPPER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I use a hand-pump Mity-Vac. Mostly for bleeding brakes.

https://www.skf.com/mityvac

I doubt that an overfill of a few millimeters on the dipstick will harm anything. The coyote tends to use a little oil normally anyway and I'll bet that some of it will end up in your catch can. I'd just drive it or if you must, partially loosen the oil plug like DonnieO suggested. Simplest solution if you don't mind crawing under the car.
I don't see where this works with oil which is considerably a higher viscosity fluid. But thanks

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
There's a guy on YT that does narrated engine teardowns; more entertaining than you'd think ('I Do Cars'). He tore down a Jag engine that had been overfilled by about 3 quarts and blown up by it; an extreme case to be sure, but something to watch for.

Big second on the vacuum pump; they're all over Amazon and were about $40, but it's been a while since I checked. I use one for quick, clean changes on my quad, Gator, zero-turn, edger, compactor, compressor and rototiller. Saves time and mess.
Sponsored