Sponsored

New owner in Dallas, magnetic GT with PP!

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
This is my first American sports car and I love it. I am in the Rockwall area and will be wrenching on the car myself. I bought it with 4.8 miles at Town East Ford Friday night (end of the month deal lol) and was pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable the buying experience was.

I am 43 and this is my 27th car and I have an extensive background in older European sport cars, specifically M3's. I worked with a BMW pro race team for about 5 years running new BMW's in Speed touring car, Rolex Grand Am, and various other SCCA events.

I have never really been into American sports cars made after 1970 until this one and I was really smitten from the first time I saw one last year. My wife, kids, and friends still can't believe I bought a Mustang, keep busting my balls about it ;) Honestly the things that allot of the Mustang purist have issues with on the S550 are the only reason guys like me are even considering the cars. But at the end of the day the IRS is THE key to how well this car works under throttle. After poking around under the car yesterday the layout of the rear looks very similar to the BMW's I have spent so much time under, and that's a good thing.

Once my break-in oil is swapped around at 1k miles I will starting upgrading bits on it. Probably address suspension issues to my preference, so far I'm happy with the brakes but may try a hotter pad once I have more seat time. I will do an intake and tune and pick out a set of pipes to open it up and increase the soundtrack a bit.

Are there any regular Mustang meets in the DFW area?
Enjoy!
I drive in Rockwall from time to time. FM740 thru Heath is fun to drive when there's no traffic. I'm from around Forney. I bought my car at the same place as you. I asked a service writer at the dealer about my first oil change, and got the flat response "5000 miles". "Really... no change after 1000 or so"? "5000 miles". Well ok.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Easy..Ive been and seen them. Not my kinda crowd. A few were cool but most were douches doing douche things on the hwy.
Find a new group? I met with some guys on here a couple weeks ago and had no issue with anyone.
Sponsored