Mach 1 fender flares

x2SL1CKx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 gt pp1 (antimatter blue)
You did a really nice job on this. Did you reverse the direction of the piece by switching the passenger side and driver's side? Or did you slide it forward?

I installed a set too on a PP1 but they don't reach that far on the front edge, but are further back on the rear edge?

Regardless, you did it really well.

You did a really nice job on this. Did you reverse the direction of the piece by switching the passenger side and driver's side? Or did you slide it forward?

I installed a set too on a PP1 but they don't reach that far on the front edge, but are further back on the rear edge?

Regardless, you did it really well.

Thanks! So... I didn't reverse the rock gaurds, I installed those last year. I pretty much left them in place and started the mounting of wheel trim as far forward as possible.

Then I had to create a mounting bracket. So I cut a small 6x4 inch piece out of same material that I had laying around.

So, as I worked my way from front bumper to rear of wheel arch, I left the rock gaurds in place and marked where I needed to cut. Then removed rg and used a thin blade usually used for wood work. Important* I didn't cut all the way to my lines, I cut close to my line and then sanded the rest as needed! After a couple of back & forth, test fitting/Sanding a bit more I'm very pleased with final look!
Going to do the same with the rear soon!
Sponsored

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
Interesting that the front flares will fit the rear wheel well arches. So they fit to cover the whole arch, meaning there's no shortage of coverage?
I know I am bringing this back from the dead for a while, though this is my understanding and what I'm interested in.
They do a great job of keeping the fender lips from being sandblasted by all the crap on the roads. A mod well worth the money IMHO. I have a set on order for the company car.
Did you do the rear on yours? I'm about to order a set and see how it'll work out. Any advice?
If any of you guys are interested in having our supplier at Ford manufacture these for the 2015-17 GT and 2018-22 GT please email me at [email protected]

Include your year and what you would realistically pay. I need to submit some real numbers to one of their design engineers.
Too late to send off an email? I'm looking for a rear set, and don't care if knock-offs or not.

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
Thanks! So... I didn't reverse the rock gaurds, I installed those last year. I pretty much left them in place and started the mounting of wheel trim as far forward as possible.

Then I had to create a mounting bracket. So I cut a small 6x4 inch piece out of same material that I had laying around.

So, as I worked my way from front bumper to rear of wheel arch, I left the rock gaurds in place and marked where I needed to cut. Then removed rg and used a thin blade usually used for wood work. Important* I didn't cut all the way to my lines, I cut close to my line and then sanded the rest as needed! After a couple of back & forth, test fitting/Sanding a bit more I'm very pleased with final look!
Going to do the same with the rear soon!
I have some front flares on the way for my PP2 and plan on 3d printing the brackets I need.
Have you made any progress on the rears? I'd like to do the rears if it make sense.

maddseason

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang PP2
Vehicle Showcase
Same set up, only I have a pp1

ZL1 addon rock guards with mach 1 hp wheel trim. However since I do not have a mach 1 front bumper I had to slightly alter the positioning so it looks as oem as possible.

20221218_093130.jpg

20221218_115425.jpg
yeah you did an amazing job making them fit. I took them off as I got 20x10" and added 3/4" spacers in the front, more expensive but the wheels are lighter and bigger and fill in better. I'm on the wait list with Shelby american to install their widebody kit. Its only a two year wait!

MELLEE8585

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT Convertible
Urs is really clean , I just ordered the fender flares as there is a 15% discount on ford.com
A20F2ECF-3EEF-4677-BFF3-FCDC091928B7.jpeg

Sponsored

Grabber Lime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
KR3Z16103A So if i install these Mach 1 fender liners, the Mach 1 fender lip molding will line up correctly? I read this old entire thread and doesn't seem clear.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
KR3Z16103A So if i install these Mach 1 fender liners, the Mach 1 fender lip molding will line up correctly? I read this old entire thread and doesn't seem clear.
No. The front bumper splitter doesn't rise up high enough to meet the front edge of the lip molding. You'll be able to attach the lip moldings, but they'll be empty space toward the front.

The red area will be empty but it's not terrible.

Screenshot_20240511_153319_Gallery.jpg

Grabber Lime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
No. The front bumper splitter doesn't rise up high enough to meet the front edge of the lip molding. You'll be able to attach the lip moldings, but they'll be empty space toward the front.

The red area will be empty but it's not terrible.

Screenshot_20240511_153319_Gallery.jpg

Im completely fine with that i think it still looks cool

thx
Sponsored