JLT Intake

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
folks, don't put a CAI on your car if it requires a tune. If, god forbid, there is a problem, you very well may be left holding the bag on a very expensive repair bill.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If it was tuned at some point before the engine failed then yes absolutely the burden is on him! The MMWA also goes both ways and protects dealerships from people trying to scam them out of warranty work that they aren't liable for. So you bet they are going to try and wiggle their way out of it if they suspect something is up. If a dealership is doing that with no tune, no engine mods, no nothing then go to a different dealership man.

You do realize that ANY racing, unless its a Mach 1 or shelby is strictly not warrantable right?!
whatever. And that is the problem with you types. You don't know the difference between racing and an HPDE event. Racing is racing. An HPDE is not. Shelby, Mach 1? Any racing is excluded from the warranty. Racing is not an HPDE event.

The fact that you dont know the difference, as a former service advisor, is part of the problem.

Last edited:

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
whatever.
whatever. And that is the problem with you types. You don't know the difference between racing and an HPDE event.

Which is part of the problem.
Any event that takes place on a track, is a racing event! Hence why you get racing insurance for any HPDE. Try to convince your insurance to cover you if you wreck at an HPDE on a track. Also raced spec miata and formula 1600 so I damn well know the difference.

Also man, stop embarrassing yourself :crackup: Calling people "you types". Your wrong so stop digging yourself deeper in that hole

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Any event that takes place on a track, is a racing event!
Wrong.

You are clueless.

Edited to add:
It's because of that very misconception where in the example I used the car owner had to retain counsel. An HPDE event was incorrectly seen as racing. The insurance he had wasn't "racing insurance", it was HPDE insurance. I do this all the time. I know what I'm talking about.

It appears that you do not, doctor.

Last edited:

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Wrong.

You are clueless.
Really?! Find me a normal insurance plan that covers events on a track held in a racing manner. Seriously I'm interested. If you are taking the track at speed, wearing a helmet, sign a waiver it is NOT warrantable work and IS classified as a motorsports event by EVERY insurance company in the world.

Stop acting like god man, you know nothing.

Sorry to the OP, sometimes I can't help myself with these trolls :like:🍿

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
For a GT350 there's basically no advantage in flow over the stock intake. Just get the ford performance/air raid filter and call it a day.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Really?! Find me a normal insurance plan that covers events on a track held in a racing manner. Seriously I'm interested. If you are taking the track at speed, wearing a helmet, sign a waiver it is NOT warrantable work and IS classified as a motorsports event by EVERY insurance company in the world.

Stop acting like god man, you know nothing.

Sorry to the OP, sometimes I can't help myself with these trolls :like:🍿
I think you need to look at the definition of racing and the definition of a HPDE (high performance driving education). Racing is either a timed event or a competitive event with reward for performance. An HPDE is not.

A car (such as some ford performance vehicles) on a track is not racing, nor is it abuse just because it is on a track.

Lets take the Ford Performance GT350 Track attack for example. It's not a timed event. There are no women with big boobs presenting a 2 foot by 3 foot check in the amount of $150,000 at the end to the winner.....

Instead, there are students on the track receiving instruction on how to operate the car, in a non competitive environment, as Ford Performance designed and intended the car to be driven.

You can't drive like that on the street. So where do people with cars like this go? To the track. They operate their vehicles with strict rules and regulations pertaining to passing, speeds, etc. They call this event an HPDE. Yes, that's right doctor, it's a high performance driving education event.

As for the insurance? That too is called HPDE insurance. If you want TT insurance (time trials) which is more like racing, they have seperate policies for that too. But I'm afraid I'm getting I to stuff that is way over your head and your (apparent) understanding.

People who attend HPDE events are covered, or at least supposed to be, if they are driving the (covered FP) vehicle on the track at an HPDE event.

To be fair, not all things are covered under the warranty for, let's use the GT350 for example, operator error. Money shift a car, and that's on you.

FP built and designed these cars for HPDE use. You should be ashamed of yourself for not knowing the difference. I wonder how many people you screwed out of a warranty repair over the years because you didn't know the difference.

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
I think you need to look at the definition of racing and the definition of a HPDE (high performance driving education). Racing is either a timed event or a competitive event with reward for performance. An HPDE is not.

A car (such as some ford performance vehicles) on a track is not racing, nor is it abuse just because it is on a track.

Lets take the Ford Performance GT350 Track attack for example. It's not a timed event. There are no women with big boobs presenting a 2 foot by 3 foot check in the amount of $150,000 at the end to the winner.....

Instead, there are students on the track receiving instruction on how to operate the car, in a non competitive environment, as Ford Performance designed and intended the car to be driven.

You can't drive like that on the street. So where do people with cars like this go? To the track. They operate their vehicles with strict rules and regulations pertaining to passing, speeds, etc. They call this event an HPDE. Yes, that's right doctor, it's a high performance driving education event.

As for the insurance? That too is called HPDE insurance. If you want TT insurance (time trials) which is more like racing, they have seperate policies for that too. But I'm afraid I'm getting I to stuff that is way over your head and your (apparent) understanding.

People who attend HPDE events are covered, or at least supposed to be, if they are driving the (covered FP) vehicle on the track at an HPDE event.

To be fair, not all things are covered under the warranty for, let's use the GT350 for example, operator error. Money shift a car, and that's on you.

FP built and designed these cars for HPDE use. You should be ashamed of yourself for not knowing the difference. I wonder how many people you screwed out of a warranty repair over the years because you didn't know the difference.
You’re damn right I have a doctorate stop using it as an insult. And you are such a child using name calling and saying I should be ashamed. Get out of this forum man.

Your argument is baseless as I said Mach 1 and Shelby cars are allowed to track and in fact can be warrantied if broken on a track. The HPDE is still considered a Motorsports event. The Mustang GT and Ecoboost are NOT track ready and ford will not warranty them for it. Hence why there isn’t a Track attack for the base models.

You’re just pulling shit out of thin air now to try and “win” this argument. I won’t be responding to someone who clearly is too insecure to admit they are wrong and start picking on people for their achievements. And word of advice, don’t go around making claims people committed fraud when you have absolutely no base and no evidence. Might just find yourself in a lawsuit.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
You’re damn right I have a doctorate stop using it as an insult. And you are such a child using name calling and saying I should be ashamed. Get out of this forum man.

Your argument is baseless as I said Mach 1 and Shelby cars are allowed to track and in fact can be warrantied if broken on a track. The HPDE is still considered a Motorsports event. The Mustang GT and Ecoboost are NOT track ready and ford will not warranty them for it. Hence why there isn’t a Track attack for the base models.

You’re just pulling shit out of thin air now to try and “win” this argument. I won’t be responding to someone who clearly is too insecure to admit they are wrong and start picking on people for their achievements. And word of advice, don’t go around making claims people committed fraud when you have absolutely no base and no evidence. Might just find yourself in a lawsuit.
My wife has a doctorate as well. It's in law. I dont take your threat of a lawsuit lightly. Watch yourself.

No, you said Mach 1s and Shelby's are allowed to race. No they are not, that is if they wish to be covered under warranty. They may participate in HPDE events, which you said was all racing, right? Which one is it?

As for mustang GTs? Who cares? We are in the GT350 section, which makes me wonder why you decided to grace us with your presence and great (not so) advice. Maybe you ought to "get out of this forum man". People like you stop in all the time, offering your great advice and wisdom to people who actually own the cars that this section of the forum supports.

I own two examples of the car that this forum is dedicated to. I have countless track hours in GT350Rs, and quite a few in my GT500 CFTP. I think I know what I am talking about. I have also had to deal with the warranty issue pertaining to track use. In fact, I had a long conversation with one of the people at Ford who was part of writing the warranty pertaining to track use and these various FP vehicles.

You, on the other hand, have been all over the place and are now trying to get your story straight. You reek of arrogance to go along with your great achievement, yet you can't be consistent enough in an area that you are supposed to be an expert in.

You ought to go back to the section of this forum and give great advice pertaining to the car you know so much about, the mustang GT.

Here, let me help you find your way back just in case you are lost.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forums/mustang-s550-general-forums.56/

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I have that intake and no tune is required
Now that is good news. If you can add the CAI without tuning the car, I would do that. Does a anyone have any dyno numbers for it? The 500 JLT is supposed to add about 30 hp, all without a tune.

One_350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Now that is good news. If you can add the CAI without tuning the car, I would do that. Does a anyone have any dyno numbers for it? The 500 JLT is supposed to add about 30 hp, all without a tune.
I believe the dyno sheet is on their website but I believe the benefit comes from the enclosed airbox as far as temps, Im sure the is minimal hp gains if any

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I believe the dyno sheet is on their website but I believe the benefit comes from the enclosed airbox as far as temps, Im sure the is minimal hp gains if any
I had those concerns as well pertaining to the JLT on the 500. It's essentially an open box. It pulls air in from the engine compartment and we all know how hot the 350 and 500 get. Somehow, despite the hot engine compartment air, the JLT provides a significant HP gain over the enclosed box of the OEM CAI. I believe it is a function of the engine being alowed to breathe easier through a much larger air filter and plenum.