rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1- w/Roush phase 2
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase an ESP on my 2020 GT. Already compared plans offered by Flood Ford and Anderson-Koch, and found the pricing to be identical. My question is would either place still sell me one if I have a factory installed Roush package? Of course I have the 3yr/36,000 factory warranty from Roush in addition to the Ford warranty. Just curious if I can still buy the ESP on my particular vehicle with the Roush package. Thanks..

Jeff
Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I also have an interest in this.

AgSurfer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R / 2021 Shelby GT500
interesting question, as such modification are specifically excluded from the Ford Protect Premium Care Extended Service Plan. But if it was a "factory installed" engine modification, would seem to be a different case as that is not "after market" as defined in the terms and conditions (I am reading them as we speak). Best bet - call Ford Protect and inquire about this.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Best bet - call Ford Protect and inquire about this.
This.^^^
Call and get both companies to send you copies of the insurance policy, because that's all they are, so you can get all the particulars and compare coverage side by side.
Don't trust us, or a salesman for that matter. It's what's written down that matters and will be covered.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase an ESP on my 2020 GT. Already compared plans offered by Flood Ford and Anderson-Koch, and found the pricing to be identical. My question is would either place still sell me one if I have a factory installed Roush package? Of course I have the 3yr/36,000 factory warranty from Roush in addition to the Ford warranty. Just curious if I can still buy the ESP on my particular vehicle with the Roush package. Thanks..

Jeff
I have an RS2. (Stage 2, non-Supercharged) I can speak to what I was told by a Flood Ford Representative. That my car WILL qualify for one of their Ford Extended Warranties when I'm ready to get it. To me, there was no benefit to buy the warranty until my factory bumper to bumper was about to expire. I think it gives you roadside assistance, but I already have that through my ins co.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone that weighed in on this topic. I’ll be calling tomorrow to get the lowdown and I’ll post what I find out. I noticed the guy driving a Civic who said he was glad he didn’t buy a supercharged Mustang but still knew all about the Roush warranty...and said I no longer have a power train warranty? I didn’t understand that post, and when I came back to read it again it was gone. Hmmm, I guess he took it down...or someone did! Oh well thanks again guys.
Jeff

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Your geniune Roush RS2 is considered to be factory with upgrades, so I can see why the extended warranty should be no problem. For those of us that had dealer installed superchargers it may be a different story.

I have an RS2. (Stage 2, non-Supercharged) I can speak to what I was told by a Flood Ford Representative. That my car WILL qualify for one of their Ford Extended Warranties when I'm ready to get it. To me, there was no benefit to buy the warranty until my factory bumper to bumper was about to expire. I think it gives you roadside assistance, but I already have that through my ins co.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I think you w ill find you can not buy warranty coverage for the vehicle you own because of modifications. You do not even get the full factory warranty now with supercharger.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I do believe you may be right. I am pretty sure I signed something at my dealer stating I was giving up the Ford warranty on the power train and replacing it with the Roush warranty.

I think you w ill find you can not buy warranty coverage for the vehicle you own because of modifications. You do not even get the full factory warranty now with supercharger.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Your right about the warranty. If you buy the Roush retail kit you get a 3 year/36,000 mile powertrain warranty from the original in service date and it has a $7,500 limit.

If you purchase a Roush Stage 3 that comes supercharged and built by Roush you get the full 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty like the factory one and doesn’t have a dollar limit.

I know there is no option for the extended for my Roush Stage 3, but the Stage 2 since there is no modifications to the powertrain it might be eligible to get the Ford ESP.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Your right about the warranty. If you buy the Roush retail kit you get a 3 year/36,000 mile powertrain warranty from the original in service date and it has a $7,500 limit.

If you purchase a Roush Stage 3 that comes supercharged and built by Roush you get the full 5 year/60,000 mile powertrain warranty like the factory one and doesn’t have a dollar limit.

I know there is no option for the extended for my Roush Stage 3, but the Stage 2 since there is no modifications to the powertrain it might be eligible to get the Ford ESP.
Ok if I can’t extend the PT with a stage 3, I wonder if they’ll let me extend with other non-power train packages if there is such a thing? I do remember when I was closing the deal, the financial guy tried selling me various packages that covered different areas of the car...electronics, wheels, etc. Guess I’ll find out when I call. Thanks.
Jeff

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Same here. I think I did get the wheel warranty for $600 that supposedly covers aftermarket wheels also. I guess I should pull it out and read it....just in case.

Ok if I can’t extend the PT with a stage 3, I wonder if they’ll let me extend with other non-power train packages if there is such a thing? I do remember when I was closing the deal, the financial guy tried selling me various packages that covered different areas of the car...electronics, wheels, etc. Guess I’ll find out when I call. Thanks.
Jeff

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer XLT
On the Flood Ford site FQA they specifically exclude Roush, among others:

"Any performance modified vehicle assembled by dealer or customer (not ordered directly from Ford); examples include but not limited to: Roush, Henessey, Saleen, Shelby, and Foose."

https://www.floodfordesp.com/faq.php

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)

"Any performance modified vehicle assembled by dealer or customer (not ordered directly from Ford); examples include but not limited to: Roush, Henessey, Saleen, Shelby, and Foose."

Absolutely correct. Just spoke to a warranty rep at Anderson and Kosh who verified this. Prior to this year you could extend with Roush stage 1 and 2, but they've now taken that away. Any performance modified vehicle that didn't roll off the assembly line already modified cannot extend. In other words, even if a Ford dealship installs the modifications like they did in my case, Ford will not allow you to extend. But that's not the worst of it...

The rep at Anderson ran my vin and there's NO INDICATION the vehicle has been modified with the Roush package I have. He actually told me I could purchase a plan from them, or Flood or whoever, because they only go by whatever the vin info tells them. And since there's no indication of the mods I have, the sale would go through no problem...The problem wouln't surface until I went to make a claim and Ford saw what I actually have under the hood! In a nutshell, I'd be screwed. BOTTOM LINE: Unless your vehicle rolled off the factory assembly line with it's performance modifications already installed, DO NOT PURCHASE ONE OF THESE ONLINE ESP's because you're just throwing your money away. Disappointing but true.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV

This was my question on Jul 20, 2020:

Good afternoon, I have a 2018 Roush Stage 2 with 6,200 miles on it. It does NOT have a Supercharger or any engine modifications whatsoever. Only the base RS2 package which is aero kits, 20" wheels and summer tires, height adjustable only coil over suspension and non-active performance exhaust. Do you provide an ESP for this vehicle? VIN is XXXXX.

This was the response

Yes, stage 2 is eligible.

I don't want to provide the reps name on open forum, but if anyone wants it PM me. It was Flood Ford. Not disagreeing that Stage 3 is ineligible, but there is conflicting information from Flood if the words "including Roush" are all inclusive in writing.
Sponsored

Last edited: