Sponsored

Has anyone had any issues with clear wrap or clear bra?

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I have the McCULLOCH MC1375
Many thanks, HV.

The wife had someone's steamer and I tried using it on some five year old film on her car and it didn't have enough umph.

I presume the McCullough didn't have that problem, how much of a mess was the adhesive, how was the paint cleanup and, what product did you use?
Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Many thanks, HV.

The wife had someone's steamer and I tried using it on some five year old film on her car and it didn't have enough umph.

I presume the McCullough didn't have that problem, how much of a mess was the adhesive, how was the paint cleanup and, what product did you use?
Not clear bra related specifically, but regarding adhesive removal in general, I have found Koch Chemie TEA to be very effective. Not quite as strong as their Eulex (which will melt plastic) but has a nice working time and is plastic safe.

High Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Many thanks, HV.

I was really surprised how well the steamer did. I used a combination of tar and sap remover and the steamer to get the adhesive off. Then I did a light compound on a microfiber pad and finished with a foam pad and polish just to clean it up.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I was really surprised how well the steamer did.
Glad it worked out, HV, and I KNOW you were glad when that messy job was done. :=)
Sponsored