Sponsored

Front caliper bolts for PP Brembos

Sumjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
Hi everyone, I own a 2022 non-PP GT. I plan on swapping the stock 4 piston front calipers for the 6 pistons from the PP. I got the calipers used on eBay off a wrecked car with healthy pads and hardware as well as the shields from CJPP. The one thing I can’t figure out - can I use the stock caliper mounting bolts to attach the new caliper? Some of what I’ve seen between tutorials and threads online say that you can, others that you can’t or shouldn’t. I know there’s blue Loctite on them which can make it hard to reinstall. The kit doesn’t come with replacements though so I’m not sure. Any insight on this?

If so, are the bolts at this link appropriate?

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-br...4fj0kQsHQ0yUHxrtPthBjrDhmydysSxoaApotEALw_wcB

Not sure if they’re overpriced or if that’s the standard price for caliper bolts. Obviously I don’t mind paying for the proper product, just don’t like wasting.

Last question: Rotor recommendations? Should I stick with OEM equivalents? Spend a little more for something a little nicer? Get something equal in performance for less? I plan on a bit of autocrossing but no excessive tracking.

Thanks everyone
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Assuming the bolt length is the same and the head hex is in good shape, I'd just reuse them. Just compare the thickness of the mounting ears between the two calipers.

OEM rotors are good. Maybe you can find a used set too?

Yan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang