First Oil Change - 2015 GT PP

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm guessing our cars tell us when to change the oil based on driving habits?

If we change it before it tells us to, how do we reset it?

In my Challenger, I had to turn the key to the "on" position, pump the gas pedal five times, and turn the key off. That would reset it to 100% oil life remaining.
Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-1/mobil-1

Regular "Original" Mobil 1 meets Ford's WSS-M2C945-A Spec for the '15 Mustang. You guys can buy your oil at Walmart but I question it when it has Walmart printed on the label. It's private labeled so is it it's own blend. Have a Walmart Sample compared to a $8qt Sample.

I may stick with Ford or maybe go with my tried and true oil Mobil 1. I understand that according to the vast research done by a Amsoil Dealer their oil is Superior with those skewed charts that highlight minuscule differences and comparisons I have never seen in 20 years of looking at oil sample results. I'll take my chances.

FYI: Couple points.

If you took the time to read the text, the Founder of Amsoil states that Mobil 1 is a good oil, they are comparing the extended life M1 product, not the conventional product.
When it's -50F there is a chance you won't be starting your car without a block heater so 6F delta of pour point don't mean a thing.

When you subject oil to 400+ degrees...umm yeah it left the party of being a lubricant about 200F ago.

For the life of me why does anyone care, you guys all change your oil way to frequently anyway, who cares if it last 5000 miles vs 10K if you dump it at 3K?

Relax and go enjoy your cars! I'll be standing over here deciding what oil sampling lab to use.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I'm guessing our cars tell us when to change the oil based on driving habits?

If we change it before it tells us to, how do we reset it?

In my Challenger, I had to turn the key to the "on" position, pump the gas pedal five times, and turn the key off. That would reset it to 100% oil life remaining.
Believe I saw it in the center stack Tom.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I'd be happy too!

Here are some results with other oil as well. Off the shelf castrol did better as noted.
http://www.syntheticwarehouse.com/mobil1_test.htm

And this will give you a visual..

http://www.animegame.com/cars/Oil Tests.pdf
While I had been a diehard AMSOIL user (both my Mach 1, '09 GT lived off of it), it's a *little* unfair to use their marketing research and a site intended to sell their product as a definitive proof source.

But, as with many things on this forum (and the internet in general) there are always differing opinions. (For instance, AMSOIL more than many other brands have a ton of complains from various users going back for awhile).

Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
While I had been a diehard AMSOIL user (both my Mach 1, '09 GT lived off of it), it's a *little* unfair to use their marketing research and a site intended to sell their product as a definitive proof source.

But, as with many things on this forum (and the internet in general) there are always differing opinions. (For instance, AMSOIL more than many other brands have a ton of complains from various users going back for awhile).
Which is why I brought up the second article.

The low zinc content hit the Evo scene by storm, journal bearing turbos were blowing left and right from poor anti wear properties. That's one reason why mitsubishi began to use castrol as the factory reccomend oil.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Which is why I brought up the second article.

The low zinc content hit the Evo scene by storm, journal bearing turbos were blowing left and right from poor anti wear properties. That's one reason why mitsubishi began to use castrol as the factory reccomend oil.
Yup, I'll probably just stick with MotorCraft during the course of my warranty. After that, I've herd good things about Royal Purple.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I'll get my first change at 2-3k at the dealer. First change is free. After that it'll be royal purple.
Sponsored