OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; I have been questioned as to why a per capita view of pollution is less valid than a country view. The general answer is that individual citizens do not make policy or laws or executitive (sp) orders. These more broad policies of an entire country shape what individuals can and cannot do.
I understand what you’re saying but it makes little difference to the health of the planet if you draw an arbitrary line and decided that all people on this side of it are entitled to X while all those on the other side of it are entitled to less of X.

If we can agree in principle that each INDIVIDUAL should be allowed a certain amount of X, then we can talk about what that looks like on a “per nation” basis, depending on the population of that nation.

I’m ignoring certain nuances here because it’s obviously more complex than that due to the distribution of minerals and other materials, that we ALL rely on, and the mining/manufacturing processes that are required to produce them.

That’s a separate debate, and one worth having, but if you can’t agree on the initial premise, there’s no point in moving forward.
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If we can agree in principle that each INDIVIDUAL should be allowed a certain amount of X,
That is communism it never works.

Each individual should have the freedom to earn as much as he wants.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That is communism it never works.

Each individual should have the freedom to earn as much as he wants.
I’m not talking about earnings. I’m talking about the negative impact each individual should be allowed to contribute to the planet.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I’m talking about the negative impact each individual should be allowed to contribute to the planet.
That is still a dictatorial view. I fought a war against that view.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I’m not talking about earnings. I’m talking about the negative impact each individual should be allowed to contribute to the planet.
Hello; I usually see not point in directly responding to your posts. However this one is just too rich to pass. "Should be allowed to contribute to the planet" is the bit that caught attention. After following you for over 100 pages here and in other threads this perhaps make clear what your values are.
Thing is I do not think you even understand how you come off most of the time. Sounds as tho you want to be one of the elite who gets to decide things.
If I work and make enough to buy a Mustang to take to a track to burn up a lot of fuel and rubber, who are you to have a say? I get you want to save the planet from me and my choices.
Thing is a few pages back I challenged you to get rid of your GT. Your response was something like this - I will get an EV when it suits me.
All thru these pages you have claimed to have the higher moral ground, The better interest in the poor and other such. I pointed out a particularly arrogant post of yours not long ago.

I can imagine you sitting at the head of some tribunal handing out punishments to those you deem in the wrong and then driving the GT to get a snack.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, you should be free to fuck up the environment as much as you want then…. it’s all or nothing with you people. See how far that gets you.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ok, you should be free to fuck up the environment as much as you want then….
Never once did I say anything about you putting all that toxic tire smoke into the atmosphere. All one has to do is look at your avatar to see the hypocrisy.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Sounds as tho you want to be one of the elite who gets to decide things.
That is the delusion of our current media, they think they will get to decide things when the communists take over.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ok, you should be free to fuck up the environment as much as you want then…. it’s all or nothing with you people. See how far that gets you.
Hello; No it is not all or nothing. I choose to recycle my used motor oil and was doing so long before it became a normal thing to do. I do not have to have to be told by some one to do that sort of thing. I do a lot of things to reduce my individual environmental footprint and have for decades. That I do not jump on board of an unreasonable notion you happen support gets your goat.

Oh yeah I recall the other part of your answer when I challenged you to be rid of the GT. It was something like: I will get an EV when it suits me or when the government tells me to.

Thing is if one day every individual decided to become environmental idiots there is nothing the laws, nor the politicians, nor a self elected do gooder could do about it. One day everyone with money could go buy as much oil and gasoline as they can afford and just pour it out on the ground. That does not happen does it?

Thing is we individuals overall do the right thing most of the time. That I do not want to be forced into an EV should not make me a target of your ire. I have tried to post a number of things I see as short comings of this "green agenda" you push. I get that you will never acknowledge the soundness of my comments. My not agreeing with you does not make me an evil person.

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
That is the delusion of our current media, they think they will get to decide things when the communists take over.
Hello; If you watched the TV reports back during the riots last summer you may have seen this one report. In a store the owners/workers had put signs in the window saying they support the rights of the rioters. Well in the news clip the rioters are breaking into the store thru the windows. It is on video. The store guy is heard saying " but were on your side!" The store guy must have thought his sign would give his store some sort of immunity.
I should have saved that video. That would be a classic. Maybe someone can find it or something like it.

Sponsored

Aldra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Iconic Silver
Seeing as how guilty you obviously are of all of these same sins it's difficult to understand how you can stand to look in a mirror. We are all free to move somewhere else, live a third world life and improve this imbalance you're preaching about.

The thing is, you might even be right!

But here you are, guilty.

In any case, it doesnt matter, we wont stop agw. Its too enormous. All we can do is adapt. The next ice age will make it look like a walk in the park. If an asteroid or cloned zombie dinosaurs doesnt kill us first.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
World's coal producers now planning more than 400 new mines - research (msn.com)

Hello; Not sure how to label this link. look at the countries who are planning to open up new coal mines. ( China is on the list. I wonder how many individual Chinese citizens had anything to do with the decision?)
quotes from the link
"world's coal producers are currently planning as many as 432 new mine projects with 2.28 billion tonnes of annual output capacity,"

"China, Australia, India and Russia account for more than three quarters of the new projects, according to a study by U.S. think-tank Global Energy Monitor. China alone is now building another 452 million tonnes of annual production capacity,"

"coal producers' plans to expand capacity 30% by 2030 would be a leap backward," said Ryan Driskell Tate, Global Energy Monitor research analyst and lead author of the report."

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I hate to break it to you, but, governments are ALWAYS dictating laws.
Why don’t you go fight the US government each and every time they pass a new law?
Were you out there on the streets fighting them when they announced that catalytic converters were to become mandatory?
Sounds a hell of a lot like the kind of dictatorship you describe to me.
Sponsored