• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Coolant Smell

fender544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
My Dark Horse has given off a very faint odor of coolant from the exhaust since new. It has just over 900 miles on it now and still does it. There's no evidence of a leak under the car or in the engine compartment and the coolant level has remained consistent.

Any others with a similar issue? TIA
Sponsored

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
My Dark Horse has given off a very faint odor of coolant from the exhaust since new. It has just over 900 miles on it now and still does it. There's no evidence of a leak under the car or in the engine compartment and the coolant level has remained consistent.

i just made this post essentially monday. Im in the same boat with my GT. Most start ups i smell cooland faintly but no white smoke and no active leaks that i can tell. My coolant was low but could have been that way until i saw it, so i topped it off and have been monitoring the level. I have 5500 miles on my car. As far as i know, nothing in the oil or leaking anywhere so i truly dont know whether its a a concern or not.

You should do an oil change at 1k miles and look for evidence of coolant in the oil, though i feel as if you wont see any but could give you peace of mind.

OP
OP
fender544

fender544

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
i just made this post essentially monday. Im in the same boat with my GT. Most start ups i smell cooland faintly but no white smoke and no active leaks that i can tell. My coolant was low but could have been that way until i saw it, so i topped it off and have been monitoring the level. I have 5500 miles on my car. As far as i know, nothing in the oil or leaking anywhere so i truly dont know whether its a a concern or not.

You should do an oil change at 1k miles and look for evidence of coolant in the oil, though i feel as if you wont see any but could give you peace of mind.
Thank you! Sorry i missed the earlier post.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang

Good afternoon. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this coolant smell concern on my end? Thank you!
Sponsored