• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cloudy windshield

Gerard13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT premium -Magnetic, auto
Does anyone else have the a cloudy or foggy looking windshield especially in direct sunlight? Almost looks like there is a haze imbedded between the laminated glass.....I have a new 2024 ecoboost premium coupe. The windshield is perfectly clean both inside and out. The side glass and back window are very clear no problems....
Sponsored

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Pretty car. :like:

Billycar11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac Grand Prix
Here is a picture of the car

IMG_1895 copy.jpg
i can see the windshield is more cloudy than side glass but not sure if its normal
maybe measure with a tint meter compared to another one
also no clear or ceramic tint on it?

Last edited:

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
My windshield was very hazy due to the plastics on the dash gassing. It was a PITA to remove. Regular glass cleaner will not remove it. I used Invisible Glass cleaner and a magic eraser.

Also these windows have a light activated tint in them, in heavy sunlight, at certain angles it almost looks like the glass has a brownish haze. Had my windows professionally cleaned and tinted, all is good now.

Nosticks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Eco Boost Convertible
Same problem. I used dab of Dawn on damp fiber cloth, followed by dry cloth then Invisible Glass and buff with dry. Sometimes windows look clean until the sun hits them just right. The back window of the convertible is more of a problem than the windshield.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
The new waffle weave covers for the Invisible Glass Wands is sooo much better than the old.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
When I had my car ceramic coated, I also had the windows tinted (all of them, including the windshield) and had Glassparency applied to the external surfaces of every windows (it's like a semi-permanent Rain-X). The glass was professionally cleaned as part of this process, so it looks great (no cloud or anything). Well worth the money.
Sponsored