Sponsored

Cigarette Socket removal and replacement

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I searched the forums, searched the internet. Can someone please explain to me how to remove the GODDAMNED cigarette socket to swap over to a new bezel. A I absofuckinglutely hate Ford sometimes. They could fuck up a cup of coffee and make it complicated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I figured it out. The socket is 2 piece, the inside metal barrel and then the plastic collar (that has a bezel on the outside up against the face of either the dash or if you have one in the console.

You first have to take a pick and remove the inside metal barrel (two spots) then the plastic surround will come out. The plastic surround will not come out without removing the inner barrel first. No matter how much you look at the rear tabs and press on them and scratch your nuts wondering what upright ape came up with this stupid design.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I figured it out. The socket is 2 piece, the inside metal barrel and then the plastic collar (that has a bezel on the outside up against the face of either the dash or if you have one in the console.

You first have to take a pick and remove the inside metal barrel (two spots) then the plastic surround will come out. The plastic surround will not come out without removing the inner barrel first. No matter how much you look at the rear tabs and press on them and scratch your nuts wondering what upright ape came up with this stupid design.
What are you putting in there?

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
What are you putting in there?
Nothing. I bought a new 8" screen and it comes with a new bezel (and to save money, it's cheaper for them to simply repurpose some original stuff). I simply needed to remove the cigarette lighter assembly from the old bezel and swap it over to the new one.

Meehlimo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Preimum 2002 Mustang GT V8 Swap

I blew mine you years ago. Thank you for saving me the fking headache of having to figure this out being so fking simple.
Sponsored