• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

chipped rt rear wheel

rubbertoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Today I was turning right into a parking lot and whacked my rt rear wheel against a high curb carving a nickel sized chip out of the silver paint revealing gloss black underneath. No rash beyond the chip. tire holding air. Can I buy matching silver wheel touch up paint any where ?
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
reach out to RTR, they should be able to get you the paint code for the wheels and you can look for touchup paint that way

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
If you want your wheel fixed like it never happened reach out to a mobile wheel repair service. Get one that has many years experience and good reviews. They are very good at matching paint and taking care of rash. Depending on how bad it is the tire may not even have to be unmounted. I have used these experts in past misshaps.

OP
OP
rubbertoe

rubbertoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Thanks folks, I found an article that makes it look like I can do this myself if I can find correct paint ,primer and clear coat. There are no mobile wheel repair businesses here in the sticks and this is our only car so the wheel will be repaired while on the car at home.

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
damn curbs....😠