Car Cover challenges

GT350Keith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
1969 Shelby GT350, 1991 300ZX TT, 2018 GT350
Dang! Good information, glad I asked. Guess I might need to get another cover if I need to keep it outside once in a while. Mostly it will be in the garage with the cover on to keep the dust off.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
It will not scratch the paint. Caveat…how you use it. It is NOT an outdoor cover. I know you don’t know me from Adam, but trust me, I’m about as anal as it gets when it comes to detailing and perfect paint, and I’ve been using the factory cover, on and off (the car, literaly), for six years…it does not mar the paint. People make assumptions due to the material or they use it wrong.
You are right, it's advertised as not an outdoor cover but the gt350 cover works just fine outdoors. Myself as well as a buddy both keep ours at our campground under cover outside for 5 months a year during the summer. It's waterproof and hasn't had any negative effects. Cover still looks just as good as the day I bought it.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Due to health issues, my stepfather is headed to assisted living and the house is going on the market in four weeks. My car will be living outside for the foreseeable future and I am going to use my points for an oem cover. Not sure which one is the best fit but at the moment I have my indoor cover on it. Just in time for a lot of rain. When I was gifted this cover I never thought about whether or not it was for indoor only. Not looking forward to removing it before it is completely dry.
Are the GT-350 etc. what I am looking for?

Last edited:

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
My car sits outside covered all year. For the past 3 years I've used the OEM cover. Never a problem through rain and winter snow. Yes, I wait until dried before removing.
I just recently purchased the Covercraft weathershield HP cover. It's one of their best outdoor covers, but it's not much different than the OEM cover.
Sponsored