Sponsored

Brakes

arban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Sorry never owned a car with Brembo before.. On average how much is it for new brakes and what's the expected life on these if I do not professional track my car.

Thanks in advance for the noobish question!
Sponsored

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
What is your normal drive like? Is it mostly freeway? Mostly in town? Mix of both?

OP
OP
arban

arban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Mix!

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Sorry never owned a car with Brembo before.. On average how much is it for new brakes and what's the expected life on these if I do not professional track my car.

Totally dependent on driving style.

If you are relatively easy on the brakes, coast up to stop lights as much as possible, maintain a safe following distance so you aren't slamming on the brakes often, you can probably get 60,000 miles. I say that because my VW GTI has tiny brakes and I'm at 66,000 on the fronts and they still have good meat left. I did need to change the rear pads because the sliding caliper stuck, causing the inside pad to wear to the backing plate (I would visually inspect the outer pad, and it always looked fine, only to suddenly hear grinding on the inside pad).

On my 350Z I will wear thru a set of rear brake pads after about 500 miles on the track.

So, you'll likely be somewhere in the realm of those two numbers ;)

Hopefully closer to the 60,000 mile range.

-T

OP
OP
arban

arban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Okay nice I appreciate the info! I don't expect any mileage on them once they need changed they need changed can't do much about that. Anyone know approx how much these Brembo cost to change?

Sponsored

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
If you aren't driving uber aggresive and waiting till the last possible second to slam on your brakes and not constantly tapping the brakes while your tail gating, I would expect around 30K-40k miles out of them.

I don't know what the replacement costs for pads and rotors will be. We haven't had 6 piston brembos before on the mustang or 15" rotors. I would look up replacement costs on the '11-'14 mustangs with brembos. I would guess $250 for pads and $600 for rotors front and rear.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

I replaced the 14" Brembo pads and rotors on my '11 GT at around 27,000 miles and they easily had 30-40% life remaining(rears were done and decided to do front and rear at the same time). I paid about $650 total for Stoptech upgraded rotors and Hawk Ceramic pads front and rear .

We haven't had 6 piston brembos before on the mustang or 15" rotors. I would look up replacement costs on the '11-'14 mustangs with brembos. I would guess $250 for pads and $600 for rotors front and rear.
'13-14 GT500's had the same 15" Brembo brakes as a 2015 GT/PP. You can look up prices for those to get an idea.

OP
OP
arban

arban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Appreciate all the good info!!